Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Thanks, Travis. I appreciate your kind words. As you know I'm a big fan of McQuarrie's work, too. I hope GG continues making McQuarrie mini busts for a while. There are still a few I want to see made based on his designs. And as far as the statues, I hope SS makes the one that's missing from that set: Luke.

I still have a couple more McQuarrie related items to add to the McQuarrie section which I'll be doing soon. I wish I could find someone that would custom make the McQuarrie Vader and Luke lightsabers (1:1 scale). That would complete the circle for me. I did find a guy on Ebay selling them not too long ago , but he wanted over $1,000.00 for each, so I had to pass. It was too much for what I was willing to pay.
    The Wonder Garage Vader is amazing, and only 40 pieces?? Wow. That's so awesome, I'm sure you could get a pretty penny for that now.

I agree SS need to do another lineup of McQuarrie figures. I have 3 easy ones...Starkiller, Snowtrooper and R2 and C-3PO 2-piece. Not hard to see those would all sell well.

Always liked the Koto piece, just for reasons unknown never bought them.

Lastly, I have been seeing the Exclusive Fett McQ SS statue going for insanely low prices as of late. Being I own the regular version I have actually considered getting the exclusive Fett too and displaying him with my XM and Legends in 3D bust to have a Boba table. I know owning two of the same statue sounds insane but I like the three McQuarries together but wouldn't mind the Exclusive Boba with the other Bobas. Sorry to go off topic but you got me excited seeing these exclusives again!
    He's no good to me dead!

- I'm sure I could if I were to sell it, but that's one thing I'll never do. These McQuarrie inspired pieces are here to stay. Wonder Garage has done some .45 scale helmets before (Tie Pilot, Scout Trooper, At-At Driver), but the edition sizes were bigger. It took three weeks for the helmet to arrive but he packed it pretty well.

- It 'd be great if Sideshow continues with the line, but at this point I don't think that'll be the case. They haven't mentioned anything about it since Vader was released, thus I'm thinking the three statues released might be it. But who knows. Maybe they'll surprise us with an announcement during SDCC.

- I like the duality of the Fett statue, and being able to switch helmets and have two looks for Fett. It's like having two statues in one. I say, if you like the exclusive one and is going for a good price, pick it up!
    Last edited by LightSword; 06-28-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

* Added to the first page my new recruit for my Bespin shelf: Lobot. Very happy having this bust in my collection, despite the 5 o'clock shadow they erroneously gave him.

- There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

- I'm sure I could if I were to sell it, but that's one thing I'll never do. These McQuarrie inspired pieces are here to stay. Wonder Garage was done some .45 scale helmets before (Tie Pilot, Scout Trooper, At-At Driver), but the edition sizes were bigger. It took three weeks for the helmet to arrive but he packed pretty well.

- It 'd be great if Sideshows continues with the line, but at this point I don't think that'll be the case. They haven't mentioned anything about since Vader was released, thus I'm thinking the threestatues might be it. But who knows. Maybe they'll surprise us with an announcement during SDCC.

- I like the duality of being able to switch helmet and have two looks for Fett. It's like having two statues in one. I say if you like the exclusive and is going for a good price, pick it up!
    I know you would never sell a McQuarrie piece , I just had to say how impressive only 40 being made was. I might try to find their Scout and AT AT Drivers someday.

I ended up getting the Exclusive Fett. I didn't need it, probably shouldn't have done it but the price was too good to pass up.
    Last edited by Django; 06-28-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I know you would never sell a McQuarrie piece , I just had to say how impressive only 40 being made was. I might try to find their Scout and AT AT Drivers someday.

I ended up getting the Exclusive Fett. I didn't need it, probably shouldn't have done it but the price was too good to pass up.
    Haha! I knew you knew that. I was just reaffirming to myself that would never happen. I wanna be buried with my Mythos Obi-Wan and some of these McQuarries.

* Congrats on picking up the exclusive. You can always sell the regular version and get some money back or just display it as a stand alone piece somewhere.
    Last edited by LightSword; 06-29-2018 at 04:03 PM.

I've just opened the Obi-Wan PGM gift mini bust and I'm extremely pleased with it. Proper likeness, great texture and sheen of the cloak's fabric, the saber blade light is strong. Love this piece! This is a shot of how he looks in the dark with the light up saber turned on. I just added a background and a bit of fog for more effect.

Last edited by LightSword; 07-01-2018 at 01:50 AM.

I'll add this one to the first page when I get into the Death Star section sometime in the future. For now I'll just post here the picture review of one of my latest acquisitions:

Last edited by LightSword; 07-01-2018 at 01:47 AM.

* Added to the first page my new recruit for my Bespin shelf: Lobot. Very happy having this bust in my collection, despite the 5 o'clock shadow they erroneously gave him.

I was confused as to why they gave him some stubble but thankfully I still like the bust very much, Obi Wan is my favourite of the 3 that arrived (the other being Vader) but all were very welcome additions to my collection.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Yeah. I welcome all three to my collection, despite the stubble on Lobot's face and the lack of light on Vader's head to see the skull under the helmet. Looking forward now to adding ugly McYoda to the collection next.

* Well, off to work I go. later.
    Last edited by LightSword; 07-01-2018 at 05:03 AM.

Someone pointed out he looks like Yogurt from Spaceballs & the more I look at McYoda the more I can see Mel Brooks, ugly or not I really like the mini-bust, it looks great.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast