Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Actually, my Hansicle has a slightly different lean issue than yours...his head is higher from the ground than his feet. GG sure gets creative in how they can screw up an otherwise great piece, don't they? ;-) Actually the lean is minor and I really do think very highly of this statue.

That was very cool of that vendor to save the COA for you...most would have thrown it out and then pretended like they knew nothing about it when you showed up the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post

Thanks, Ben. I really like this diorama, and wish GG would have made more of them, but for some reason that line was stopped. The one issue I have with this particular piece is that the weight of the Carbonite block makes Boba Fett lean slightly towards that side, as you said, making Han not be fully level with the base floor. I believe it has to do with the hole on the base that supports the peg foot on Fett being too big and thus making Fett and therefore Han, lean to the side when the Carbonite block is attached. Other than that it is a very nice piece. Funny story about that piece ...

I bought it at Celebration VI in Orlando from a vendor, in brand new condition on my last day there. He opened the box for me so I could see there was nothing wrong with it, and left the convention that day with the statue. When I got back to the hotel I took it out of the box again and noticed the COA I had seen before was missing. We were staying at the Rosen with the bridge that connects to the convention center, so the next day my wife and I walked back to the building thinking one of us would have to buy a ticket to get back in. Fortunately after explaining to one staff members driving a golf cart what'd happened he said " You don't need a ticket"- and drove us back in. The minute I got back to the vendor's booth, he recognized me from the previous day and said: "I knew you'd be coming back for it" as he handed me the COA. Luckily he had found the COA on the floor and was holding it for me.

* Added the "I am Your Father" (Luke vs Darth Vader) Diorama from SSC to the Bespin picture reviews. I bought this one years ago from Action Figures Xpress. Number 028/1000

Last edited by LightSword; 06-26-2018 at 07:53 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

That's a sweet piece! You can almost hear the metal clang coming up when Vader angrily cuts through the pole before cutting through Luke LOL.
    He's no good to me dead!

The Luke portrait is surprisingly good and detailed for such a small scale statue.

It's a cool diorama reflecting an iconic moment in the film. Although made in the 1/9 scale, it is quite large at almost about 18" in length x 14" wide. The only issue I have with it is the many pieces making up the railing that need to be attached to the base. While the railing poles (26) are all made out of metal, the top pieces that attach to them (12) are made of very fragile Polystone, instead of plastic. The insertion holes under these top pieces don't always line up with the railing poles, and can't be forced to do so or they will crack, as it happened to me with one of them.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Added the McQuarrie Concept Series of mini busts to my picture reviews. One of my favorite lines by Gentle Giant:

*Added pictures now of the three McQuarrie statues by Sideshow Collectibles from their Concept Artist Series:

Julian, as you know one of my absolute favorite collections / pieces are the McQuarrie ones. EXCELLENT job giving them their due and properly showing these beautiful pieces off the way they deserve to be.
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Julian, as you know one of my absolute favorite collections / pieces are the McQuarrie ones. EXCELLENT job giving them their due and properly showing these beautiful pieces off the way they deserve to be.
    Thanks, Travis. I appreciate your kind words. As you know I'm a big fan of McQuarrie's work, too. I hope GG continues making McQuarrie mini busts for a while. There are still a few I want to see made based on his designs. And as far as the statues, I hope SS makes the one that's missing from that set: Luke.

I still have a couple more McQuarrie related items to add to the McQuarrie section which I'll be doing soon. I wish I could find someone that would custom make the McQuarrie Vader and Luke lightsabers (1:1 scale). That would complete the circle for me. I did find a guy on Ebay selling them not too long ago , but he wanted over $1,000.00 for each, so I had to pass. It was too much for what I was willing to pay.

* Added to the first page picture reviews of: McQuarrie's Darth Vader vs Luke duel by Kotobukiya, Wonder Garage .45 scale McQuarrie Darth Vader helmet and Celebration VIII exclusive McQuarrie deck of cards by Cartumundi. Click on the McQuarrie banner to be taken to the first page, if you want to read about them and see more pictures.

Last edited by LightSword; 06-27-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast