Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney/Fox Acquisition: When do we see X-Men/FF in the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Just maybe, in one of those quantum realms. They find Wolverine(Hugh Jackman), and bring him along for the trip. But he doesn't survive the end, creating an opening for a recast in the near future.

The alternate reality does open the window for these "unknown" characters to debut without the baggage of explanations on why we haven't seen them yet.
    I know that some people want every minute explained in detail, but most of this can be extrapolated from common knowledge. Or by your nerd friend sitting next to you. Surely people still discuss what happens in the movies afterwards right?
    I'm not a fan of movies that have to over explain things. I look at Hawkeye, Black Widow Black Panther, Scarlett Witch, Falcon, Spider-Man... none of them needed a full movie to be introduced and accepted. Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto will be tough to reinvent, but I think they have to find a way.

Just because New York and Sakovia have been big in the MCU news doesn't mean we can't have another group in Chicago or Los Angeles or Wyoming or something. We could see many take up arms after their loved ones turned to frosted flakes.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

If Disney does make a new X-Men series of movies I hope that they adopt the cast and storylines from the more recent X-Men series (First class etc) as those actors were great and the story was enjoyable. I think the biggest issue is going to be who to cast for Wolverine with Hugh Jackman walking away from the role.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    If Disney does make a new X-Men series of movies I hope that they adopt the cast and storylines from the more recent X-Men series (First class etc) as those actors were great and the story was enjoyable. I think the biggest issue is going to be who to cast for Wolverine with Hugh Jackman walking away from the role.
    Never going to happen. I agree that Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence and Patrick Stewart and McKellen, and Hoult etc. are fantastic. However, just like Disney didn't want to attempt to write around the established EU of Star Wars, there is no way they are not going to create their own stories without the baggage of 10 movies (is that right? including Dark Phoenix).

Now Deadpool might actually be incorporated... that's not so convoluted. And let me say I like all the X-Men movies. I wish they'd been better in many areas, but I watched and enjoyed them all.

I do not envy the guys who have to fill the shoes of Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellen. That's a tough act to follow. I still argue that Patrick Stewart as Prof. X was among the best casting ever. I mean...look at him. He LOOKS like him to a tee. We all wanted him for the role...and then in 2000 it happened. It was a dream come true. And the Fox X-Men Franchise, while it's hip to hate on anything Marvel that's not MCU, really produced some fantastic films. Yes also some lousy, but when they got it right...boy did they. Days of Future Past is easily one of my favorite comic book movies ever. So I'm cautiously optimistic about what they will do with X-Men if they 100% acquire the rights.

Now FF on the other hand, things can only get better under MCU.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

technically Stewart and McKellen have already been recast (McAvoy and Fassbender).
    and, while Jackman is the only actor to play Wolverine, this is sort of unique. it's not to be expected, by the audience.
    the genre (and more importantly the audience) is accepting of new actors in comic book roles (in general).
    so in this case I don't think it will be a problem.

it's not like Indiana Jones or Han Solo (wrong genre) -- it's more like Batman (where recasts are expected).
    when it comes to comic book movies, wolverine is the exception; not the rule....
    ....so fans of these movies won't be expecting Jackman to play the role exclusively. (like they do for Harrison Ford as Indy).

I suspect we're headed for a LOT of new recastings, now that the MCU actors' contracts are coming to a close.
    will they recast Tony Stark and Steve Rogers? (or kill them off forever? this doesn't seem likely with bankable characters like Iron-Man and Captain America).
    I think reboots are inevitable. and the audience accepts this, as part of the genre.

I think the new wolverine actor will fly under the radar (because?) he will come at the same time as a new F4 cast and a new cast of mutants all across the board.
    along with (maybe) new MCU actors in familiar roles (as those contracts expire and those actors retire).

there will be a lot of changes coming at the same time, I predict the new Wolverine will be the least of everyone's problems. LOL :p
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    technically Stewart and McKellen have already been recast (McAvoy and Fassbender).
    and, while Jackman is the only actor to play Wolverine, this is sort of unique. it's not to be expected, by the audience.
    the genre (and more importantly the audience) is accepting of new actors in comic book roles (in general).
    so in this case I don't think it will be a problem.

it's not like Indiana Jones or Han Solo (wrong genre) -- it's more like Batman (where recasts are expected).
    when it comes to comic book movies, wolverine is the exception; not the rule....
    ....so fans of these movies won't be expecting Jackman to play the role exclusively. (like they do for Harrison Ford as Indy).

I suspect we're headed for a LOT of new recastings, now that the MCU actors' contracts are coming to a close.
    will they recast Tony Stark and Steve Rogers? (or kill them off forever? this doesn't seem likely with bankable characters like Iron-Man and Captain America).
    I think reboots are inevitable. and the audience accepts this, as part of the genre.

I think the new wolverine actor will fly under the radar (because?) he will come at the same time as a new F4 cast and a new cast of mutants all across the board.
    along with (maybe) new MCU actors in familiar roles (as those contracts expire and those actors retire).

there will be a lot of changes coming at the same time, I predict the new Wolverine will be the least of everyone's problems. LOL :p
    I think recasting a younger version of Xavier and Magneto was easier than it will be to recast Wolverine, Stark, or Rogers. We have a lot of history in those three in particular. I'm kind of hoping they rest Stark and Rogers for a few years and then find a way to pull them from the multiverse or something... different actors in same roles. I agree that adding in X-Men and Fantastic Four would be the time to introduce a new Stark or Rogers.

Not sure how something like that would go over, but I'd be fine with Capt Marvel instead of Iron Man and Bucky Cap or Falcon Cap.

Wolverine for me just needs to be much shorter and stockier and more feral from the beginning. I don't have an actor in mind but there has to be a short stocky animal out there that has the acting chops.

Kevin Feige has recently said that they've got no plans for these characters at the moment.

Buuuuuut you know they're working on something considering how quickly they were able to slot in a Spider-Man movie after they got the green light to use him in the MCU from Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post
    Kevin Feige has recently said that they've got no plans for these characters at the moment.

Buuuuuut you know they're working on something considering how quickly they were able to slot in a Spider-Man movie after they got the green light to use him in the MCU from Sony.
    You know they got plans, but I wouldn't expect to see a movie with any of the Fox characters in the MCU until 2021 at the absolute earliest and probably later realistically. MAYBE a throw in character somewhere? We've all heard they have GOTG 3, Black Panther 2, and Doctor Strange 2 which will likely be in the mix for the 2020 movies and possibly a Black Widow movie. I would think they'll want something more original than 4 sequels to follow Avengers 4 (Spider-Man, BP, DStrange, GOTG) so I'll bet Black Widow gets in there.

That leaves 2 more movies minimum for 2020 and there is talk of an Eternals? movie... or I'd think something else "Cosmic" as we've been told... like Nova.

Yeah, the don't have any plans for individual movies for those characters. But they could be utilized anywhere, for instance Tony in Spider-Man.

I'm totally on pins and needles waiting for Captain Marvel!

Also feel it's time for Nova to show up. as well as a few others. They honestly could keep going with just Avenger Movies w/o doing solo ones if need be. Gonna be very different landscape after Thanos.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I predict we'll see some surprise cameos from X-characters in the IW2 movie.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast