Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney: Star wars train ain't stopping anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    When you only like 3 out of 10 movies, then perhaps the franchise isn't for you. Same with any other franchise. I like the first 2 Nightmare On Elm Street movies but I definitely don't like the franchise.
    I like Star Wars just fine. It doesn't matter how many parodies and bad caricatures are done of those films, I will always love the original Star Wars trilogy.

When you only like 3 out of 10 movies, then perhaps the franchise isn't for you. Same with any other franchise. I like the first 2 Nightmare On Elm Street movies but I definitely don't like the franchise.
    even more then that he says he only likes half of Lucas's films.

If you throw in the other Star Wars series such as Clone Wars, Rebels, Ewok movies then he barely even likes anything Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Solo died because it just isn't that good a movie and nobody wanted it.
    I think it died because pwople were so disenfranchised by the last jedi, they decided they didn't need to see Solo.

Ive seen it. As a standalone movie, i liked it it. I enjoyed the action, the acting was good, and i really liked watching Lando and Han meet and how they showed the falcon becoming the legend it is.

I think one of the biggest obstacles to people actually enjoying these movies are the preconceptions we all have about 'how it should be'.

If you dont like the direction Disney has gone in, i get it. These new developments make Luke not so special. They make the odyssey from the OT less unique in the grander sense. Its different and far less glamorous than what we thought Luke, Han and Leia's grand destiny should have been.

All the more reason for Disney to jump ship and tell a new story, from a diffdrent time period. Either that, or just give us a trilogy about Vader mowing down his enemies. That would be good too

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Doesn’t matter if someone only even likes just one of the films, as long as they’re able to form their own opinions, and coming from a place of individual thought, then that person is just as much of a fan as anyone else. Maybe even more.

Having no devotion to either George nor the OT— and no nostalgic bonds to boot, I’m completely open to new SW; new stories, new characters, new designs etc— only if they’re well-designed, well-developed and well-directed. TPM had one of these three qualities (with the most potential in any SW story)… and RO has all of these qualities (for the most part). But ESB still reigns supreme.

So there is still hope for SW with Disney, as far as I’m concerned— just not in this Sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Doesn’t matter if someone only even likes just one of the films, as long as they’re able to form their own opinions, and coming from a place of individual thought, then that person is just as much of a fan as anyone else. Maybe even more.

Having no devotion to either George nor the OT— and no nostalgic bonds to boot, I’m completely open to new SW; new stories, new characters, new designs etc— only if they’re well-designed, well-developed and well-directed. TPM had one of these three qualities (with the most potential in any SW story)… and RO has all of these qualities (for the most part). But ESB still reigns supreme.

So there is still hope for SW with Disney, as far as I’m concerned— just not in this Sequel.
    It matters when someone says there hasn't been a real star wars movie since X.

Using an arbitrary point to say nothing after this point is consider star wars is well odd.

Might as well say there hasn't been a real star wars movie since 1 hour 15 mins into Empire.

At this point in my life I try and take each movie, or trilogy, on it's own.

I loved the OT as that's what I grew up with. I liked certain aspects of the PT, but now I looking back on it I don't think of it very highly. I am one of the few that liked TPM and that was mainly because of Darth Maul and that it brought SW back to the big screen again. AOTC was horrid and although I liked ROTS at the time, I don't really care for it now.

The ST I already mentioned my thoughts on a previous post, so I won't get into that again except for this: I will reserve my overall thoughts on it until after I see IX and have the overall picture. I'm not holding my breath though!

I really liked RO. It was a little slow in the first half, but the second half and the ending did it for me!

I thought Solo was great too for the same reasons Twilly said. I think down the road people will enjoy and like Solo more. It was a far better movie than many of the PT and ST movies have been IMO!

Do any of you think that the Solo movie will branch off to be a part of another one off movie? I heard a rumor of a Darth Maul movie... It could easily tie-in to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post

Just to be clear, my post wasn't pulling the "I"m a better fan than you" crap, I just think if you only like a small percentage of a franchise then you're not a fan of the overall franchise. This goes for Star Wars or any other franchise with a lot of movies.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Just to be clear, my post wasn't pulling the "I"m a better fan than you" crap, I just think if you only like a small percentage of a franchise then you're not a fan of the overall franchise. This goes for Star Wars or any other franchise with a lot of movies.
    Not being a fan of the prequels or Disney films doesn't mean you don't like Star Wars, it means you don't like those films. If you want to turn it into a juvenile, semantical debate on whether you think someone is a fan of the "overall franchise" because of X, Y, or Z reasons, be my guest. You don't have to like everything someone does with a franchise to be a fan of a franchise. It's infantile to suggest otherwise. There is no set percentage for what must be liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    even more then that he says he only likes half of Lucas's films.

If you throw in the other Star Wars series such as Clone Wars, Rebels, Ewok movies then he barely even likes anything Star Wars.
    When it comes to Star Wars, I barely like anything but the original trilogy, that is true. And?

Maybe the train is slowing down.
    http://collider.com/star-wars-spinoffs-on-hold/
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast