Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney: Star wars train ain't stopping anytime soon.

glad the train is not stopping. still hoping it will change direction and find a different track.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

I just hope that IX delivers. TLJ was so bad that I'm not sure JJ has enough magic to fix this mess.

JJ is in a position to come out of this smelling like roses. at this point, anything he does will be better-received than TLJ was LOL
    his movie doesn't need to be perfect (it doesn't need to be 'high art'), it just needs to be a better film than TLJ.
    I think he's in a sweet position right now -- the outcome is practically guaranteed LOL
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 06-18-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

While TLJ wasn't an amazing movie, I did enjoy it. On the other hand I wasn't a fan of TFA. I found it to lack creativity and the story line was pretty week. TLJ was no better on the story line, but at least it wasn't a rehash and I enjoyed it, for the most part. I was a big fan of JJ coming on board initially, but I lost faith after TFA and I'm not overly excited about him coming back for IX. I'm not really sure where the trilogy is going anymore as we've lost several main characters and I just don't see the point anymore unless it's to lead to or set up another trilogy for Disney to do that begins with characters outside of the OT.

I liked Solo as well. I thought it was genuinely a good movie with lots of action and lots of open ended story lines for Disney to expand upon. Saw it for a second time with my kids yesterday and they enjoyed it as well. Not sure why it didn't do well at the box office as everyone I've talked to about it liked it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    I just hope that IX delivers. TLJ was so bad that I'm not sure JJ has enough magic to fix this mess.
    I think it's probably too late for the ST.

When the guy who's entrusted with the middle secton of the story scrunches everything up and throws it over his shoulder , there's little you can do to really tie everything up.

Once the ST ends, I think we'll very much get a sense of just how awfully fractured the whole thing was.

I'll gladly be proven wrong though, and if Jar Jar can pull a miracle out of the bag, grand. But, so much damage has been done and I don't have any real faith in him to do anything but a magpie job. Which is his only schtick after all.

I'm dreading IX myself.

At least Mr. Lucas had the decency to at least pretend the whole lot was broadly planned out beforehand. I feel that I'd in all likelihood have actually enjoyed his alleged ST idea exploring the whole midichlorian concept and linking it into the existing mythos.

The Disney ST comes across as throwing sh*t at a wall to see what sticks.
    Last edited by darthsatan; 06-18-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    May you live in interesting times.

^^^ I don’t dread it at all.

This Sequel’s absolutely, unabashedly total trainwreck driven by corporate, delusional bratty hacks is what’s actually entertaining…

Rian punking JJ with TLJ by actually ignoring and /or repeating the same plot/character “developments” is deliciously hilarious in his arrogance. Now, will the creatively-bankrupt, corporarte-shill JJ be snatching back at Rian by completely ignoring TLJ and jumping "10 years later" with EP lX?????? (Which will just be a remix of ROTJ…)

I’m fully embracing The 3 Stooges Kathy, Rian and JJ doing SW.

yeah it will be great to watch another freak show (Luke milking sea Cows, flying nun Leia's, purple hair ultimate Fem masters, we are the world pan******* robots, etc etc) in the name of Star Wars. It will do them in eventually. Can't wait.
    Last edited by DarthMickeyMoose; 06-19-2018 at 06:39 AM.

How can Disney stop making something they never started making in the first place? I haven't seen a real Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi.
    Last edited by Jeremiah2849; 06-19-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah2849 View Post
    How can Disney stop making something they never started making in the first place? I haven't seen a real Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi.
    When you only like 3 out of 10 movies, then perhaps the franchise isn't for you. Same with any other franchise. I like the first 2 Nightmare On Elm Street movies but I definitely don't like the franchise.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast