Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: UTINNIII's Unique Creations Vol 3

Nigreomancer and Mount

Some think they use force powers while others think they are charlatans. Regardless, these mysterious beings are always viewed with trepidation.

Painted Leia with feather and Batman? Cape
    Repainted lizard and saddle. I actually bought the lizard because the saddle was already on it. Some cool kid made that and I wanted to preserve it.

K-0OL-1

K-0OL-1 is a decommissioned early model KX series security droid where they used the inferior bodies of the protocol droids.

K is attached to a lesser Imperial bureaucrat and no longer on active duty. He is currently trying to track down his master who was discretely sent down to Jeddha on a secret mission by Director Krennic. K is troubled because his programming suggests that Krennic is not really an ally to his master. He is also worried because it seems like the Empire is pulling out of Jeddha in a hurry so he wants his master to complete his mission with all haste.

K-0Ol1 is based off an early concept sketch of K-2SO. I had a vintage C-3P0 with a missing hand.

Ligulatechans

Ligulatechans are relatives to Affytechans with the primary difference being that Ligulatechans are not bipedal but instead use dozens of petals and tendrils to ambulate around. They are mostly peaceful and arguably sentient. While they can be intelligent, most only concern themselves with their environment. They donít care about the science behind a sunrise or the water cycle, only that those things affect their growth.

They are brightly colored but their fragrances are not palatable to the human nostril.

They were all made with sundry fake plant parts. I painted them based off of descriptions of Affytechans in the book Children of the Jedi as well as Googling tropical plants. The novel didnít state that Affytechans were bipedal (bi-petal?) although Wookiepedia states they are.
    They weren't described much in the book. This is basically what was said.

There was a Blue and White captain and it was said that they slung their "guns" [mops] over their shoulders but I took that to mean from their programming, and that they didn't have actual shoulders. It was also never mentioned that they had conventional heads.

I think these are my favorite of your customs. I don't generally enjoy scratch built custom figures. That's not a criticism of your work. I say that to point out that I have stylistic preferences. But these do in fact hit that level of quality and design that make me forget my scratch built prejudices.

I read this book for the second time not that long ago, and both times I was taken by these characters. I thought they were an example of out of the norm creativity in their description and behavior.

Your design has managed to capture the other worldly feeling that I got when I encountered them in the story.
    Very creative, and very well executed. You should consider these a feather in your customizing cap...
    Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzzler View Post
    I think these are my favorite of your customs. I don't generally enjoy scratch built custom figures. That's not a criticism of your work. I say that to point out that I have stylistic preferences. But these do in fact hit that level of quality and design that make me forget my scratch built prejudices.

I read this book for the second time not that long ago, and both times I was taken by these characters. I thought they were an example of out of the norm creativity in their description and behavior.

Your design has managed to capture the other worldly feeling that I got when I encountered them in the story.
    Very creative, and very well executed. You should consider these a feather in your customizing cap...
    Or a green thumb! Thanks!

Sirphin and Darkforce creature

No love for my plant aliens?

During the era of the Old Republic, some Sith decided to escape to the unknown regions.
    They landed on the mostly Aquatic planet of Sirphinberd.

The planet already had several intelligent species which made great slaves.
    The natives has never been exposed to the Force before, especially the Dark side.
    However, they quickly discovered that they had an aptitude for it. They learned in secret until they knew all the secrets of the word of the Sith.

Then they ate their masters.

Here is a Sirphin wearing the traditional garb of the Sith that landed there controlling one of the many Force creatures that were created to serve.

Head is an upside down Davy Jones. Body is from a Maul keychain figure.
    Fish is a repainted toy. I made the scales shiny and more fishy.

I haven't quite decided if I will repaint the robes in more aquatic colors or not. What do you think?

I actually like it the way you have it. Great use of Davy Jones!
    ďDid you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?ĒóMorag the Tulgah Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Tulgah View Post
    I actually like it the way you have it. Great use of Davy Jones!
    Thanks. I decided that the Sith color scheme works best.

I will have lots of tentacles in the future so I will have other chances to make aquatic colored garbs.

Next up; Chiss Saboteurs

I had a Juno Eclipse head that was chewed up so I thought I would make them into scars.
    I gave the one guy a huge birthmark.

Simple(ish) fodder swaps

I'm not even sure where many of the parts are from. Most are simple swaps and repaints.

"Shorty". I've had this figure forever, but never had a head.

"Loc-nar Priest". Yujin capsule toy needed some legs. Pantyhose skirt.

"Troll". I've also had that helmet for a long time. It fits on the Chap-mei troll head that was left over from my Gamorrean thug from the last contest. It actually fits rather well.

"Deep One guard". Skylander head that I really liked on a more suitable body.

"Shrinking Violet". I tried to 3D print a few items at once which caused all 3 to abort. The head is actually the inverted torso of an alien bust.

Alien Flora and Fauna

Alien Flora and Fauna

In comic books or in old movies/TV shows I loved how they just had random alien things in the background. Oftentimes, they just repainted real things in garish colors or glued things on lizards to make them alien.

I made a bunch of background beasts and plants and weird aliens.

Rampage Lizzie with a Transformer shell

Black blob is some kind of silicon compound.

3 repainted dinosaurs and a dog creature of dubious origins. Iím really pleased with the paint patterns on the dinos. I got the tiny one in a Christmas cracker when I was a kid and always liked it except for the stupid yellow color. Problem fixed!

Walking Footplant: I needed to make a mold to replace a missing Abomination foot. I decided to turn it into a creeping plant. Stalks are from an aquatic toy set.

Colorful slime plant: Iím really pleased with this one. It was the base of a Yujin toy. It was water splashing up. I repainted it and added the hair from an Anime figure.

Crystal life from: It chimes and scintillates to communicate. I added a sheen to the base of a random toy.

Purple ooze: One of my tubes of paint was drying out so I made these from the semi solid paint.

Jellyfish like aliens: The larger one is some kind of missle. The smaller one (I really like) is a Rhyu Streetfighter blast.

Slime Tentacle: 2 random parts put together. I based this one off of early Cane Addis designs.

Rock Lifeform: The custom painted dragon is actually just the meal for the Rock beneath it. It has the ability to change its consistency so in one second, the lizard is sitting on rock, but the next, it sinks into mud, only to be trapped in rock again to be slowly digested. The rock is dried out modelling clay and the green tendril plants (technically a third life form) are the plastic remains of drilling out green plastic (Waste not want not!). The rock allows them to remain as camouflage.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast