Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should We Continue To Get Excited For SDCC Anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by TK_842 View Post
    Yep. Probably half of what's first revealed at SDCC will not see production. Yet, i'd like to paraphrase Jyn on that occasion saying "Collections are built on hope"

I can see at least one of Solo's troopers getting the axe (Range Trooper?) and both (TLJ and Solo) Chewys. AOTC 3PO is also a very long shot, especially since it sports a "Not Final Products. Pending Licensor Approval" tag. Other than that, i'm pretty confident we'll get to see Jango, Cody, Airborne, R2 and possibly Bespin Leia getting a PO by next year.
    Where is the Endor Luke and Leia??!! Those would both sell, for sure. They were revealed at SDCC 2017, and here we are a year later --- crickets!!
    You know you've had a good week when you've made it thru without stepping in 'Bantha Poo-Doo'.

Well, Endor Luke's still on the show floor. No guarantee for a PO but he's still around. It gives HT another year to squeeze him in their production schedule

Glad there is nothing for me from what I've seen shown so far at SDCC. Still waiting for the old figures HT has shown long ago to be made:

HT 1/6 Death Star Trooper
    HT 1/6 Snowtrooper Commander
    HT 1/6 Sandtrooper white pauldron
    HT 1/6 Stormtrooper ROTJ
    HT 1/4 Stormtrooper quarter scale

and maybe a HT 1/6 Darth Vader ROTJ
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

The only reveal that truly interested me is the Bespin Leia. But, I have little to no faith that it will go into production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know you've had a good week when you've made it thru without stepping in 'Bantha Poo-Doo'.

How could Poe not be a reveal at SDCC this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT's reveal/release logic is a tough one to figure out. Since they first started previewing stuff for their Star Wars line (4 years now?) no less than 27 figures vanished (includng the hadfull revealed last week-end at SDCC). I'd guess they are using this strategy to bulk up their dsplays and make the whole lot more desirable. On the long run though, it could backfire as potential buyers may become upset and think twice before engaging in a purchase.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123