Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VC Mail-Away Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    Just the opposite, I believe a Hasbro rep said they weren't cost effective anymore at a con a few years back. Its fun to speculate and make suggestions, but I think they're done with mail-away figures. They might be able to offer a repainted figure as a mail-away, but I doubt we'll see a new sculpt, unless they charged $20 for it.
    Exactly. Why give away a figure for shipping costs, when you can basically over charge for a repaint by putting it in the basic line for $13!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

The idea of a mail away figure was to generate sales for the overall line and keep product moving. It's not a bad tactic but has apparently lost a lot of steam over the last couple decades. I think it's still a nice concept but probably should be updated to reflect the times. Like logging in a code from product purchases into an app or online.

I would definitely like to see a Blue Snaggs carded. Also I think it would be cool to see a Bib Fortuna carded that had both red and white cloak variants to go along with the normal color.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Chuck View Post
    I would definitely like to see a Blue Snaggs carded. Also I think it would be cool to see a Bib Fortuna carded that had both red and white cloak variants to go along with the normal color.
    Imho, variants like that, while being cool, should be convention variants. But blue snaggie..would be a good mail away. But i'd want the card pic to be a alt pose/scene compated to red snaggie, then digitally charged to blue suit. Or better yet, potf coin style card. I wish the wm tvc cards were potf coin style
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 06-09-2018 at 09:48 AM.

I still want that Darth Vader funeral pyre that Hasbro teased 10 or 15 years ago.

The Pyre never interested me, too scene specific and not much chance for extras. May or may not be good idea for HasLab, maybe more than 5 people actually want this. But enough to warrant production?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    The Pyre never interested me, too scene specific and not much chance for extras. May or may not be good idea for HasLab, maybe more than 5 people actually want this. But enough to warrant production?
    I think you’d be surprised how many people would want one.

If I recall correctly, the prototype pyre with Vader & Luke was shown off in 2009, and in 2011 they did a poll to see whether interest was significant enough to warrant a release - it wasn't. Likewise, I believe it would have been $30 in 2011, which means a 2019 release would likely be double. I think it looked pretty cool, but its not something I'd likely buy, especially with both figures being repacks. Certainly no mail-away potential, but Haslab could offer it to test the water...

^ wasn't there a rumor or maybe some fan dream/wish that this was being reconsidered but w/ a kylo fig instead of luke?

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel_Before_Zod View Post
    I still want that Darth Vader funeral pyre that Hasbro teased 10 or 15 years ago.

I can still remember one of the Hasbro exec's showing that off to me and the guy whose site I used to write for at SDCC that year. He was positively giddy about the possibility of doing it! And it came on the heels of the convention exclusive of Darth Vader communicating with the Emporer via hologram in TESB. It was going to have lights and sounds. But I think that beyond the interest of some hardcore fans, the perception might have been that it was a bit maudlin as Star Wars toys go.

In light of Kylo Ren being such a Vader devotee, right down to idolizing Vader's burnt helmet, this piece does hold some interest. But I think it would have to be offered as some kind of exclusive.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast