Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Academia"

Which of these is your field(s)?

film making (casting, production, screen writing)
    gender study
    statics
    psychology
    debate
    sociology

because this conversation includes all these things and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissorpunch View Post
    Which of these is your field(s)?

film making (casting, production, screen writing)
    gender study
    statics
    psychology
    debate
    sociology

because this conversation includes all these things and more.
    are you talking to me? Because if so Filmmaking for one is a professional career of mine

Which is your professional career?

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    I'll just leave this here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-44320627

I'm more interested in why Star Wars is being singled out from the rest of cinema in it's entirety myself.
    you’re simply being defensive and I don’t understand why. Just because they chose to review the screen time of women in Star Wars doesn’t mean it is being “singled out” which is clearly an emotional description in which you think it is being picked on. They weren’t interested in a broad review across all movies just Star Wars; that hardly reflects that it is being singled out.

don’t be so insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    are you talking to me? Because if so Filmmaking for one is a professional career of mine
    This proves it... Vicarious_Fan is Rian Johnson!

While this study doesn't bother me, as it seems to others. It does show that there was big increase just recently, despite it being an issue since 77.
    What's surprising/odd is that ROTJ sores higher than ROTS. IMO, I don't think a story is ever written with gender in mind. That comes later with casting, and who fits the role. Then obviously you cast based on chemistry between the core cast, and who the two romantic leads might be.

If you're a writer and have only Males or Females in mind when doing so, that's on them personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    It's definitely reinforced the idea that SW still has a way to go in proportionally representing 50% of the population. Hopefully we see that improve in future films : )
    That I'll agree with. Every one is still so focused on the Male vs. Female aspect, yet nothing seems to be happening in regards to them still being 95% white.

And most especially in a Star Wars movie, and hardly any Alien main characters?!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    Filmmaking for one is a professional career of mine

AAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Steve, but youtube videos covering cosplay do not make you a "professional filmmaker". LOL

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    AAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Steve, but youtube videos covering cosplay do not make you a "professional filmmaker". LOL

Ian
    oh come on Ian you stalked me online you should know better then that

•    
    Yes, I forgot the video game reviews, lol.

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Red5Down View Post
    ......Just because they chose to review the screen time of women in Star Wars doesn’t mean it is being “singled out” which is clearly an emotional description in which you think it is being picked on. They weren’t interested in a broad review across all movies just Star Wars; that hardly reflects that it is being singled out.

don’t be so insecure.
    Paragraph 1: Reasonable point save for your opening salvo.

Paragraph 2: Unreasonable.

Hot potato this PC stuff, eh?
    Last edited by darthsatan; 06-03-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    May you live in interesting times.

I knew I shouldn't have read this...I knew it...and yet I did. Now I have to write a whole God damn thing. This world has LOST. IT'S. MIND.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast