Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucasfilm is threatening to make a Lando movie

Lucasfilm is threatening to make a Lando movie

The milking of the Star Wars universe is in full affect. I love Billy D as Lando, but Don Glover as Lando in his own movie?

Question: Is there any first or secondary character that SHOULDNT get their own movie? If so, who? I guess Iím asking if a stand alone Lando movie isnít going to far, what would you consider too far?

Ps I dont think a Han Solo movie was a good idea and it feels terribly unnecessary even if some of the trailers and teasers look hopeful. Itís just so excessive

I don't think threatening is the right word....

Though....please no Lando movie. I think Solo can easily double (triple?) as a Lando and Chewie film.

There are plenty who shouldn't get a film IMO.

Maul(I'd love this but he had his story told in animation)

Vader(I think he already had a few films....)

Honestly the only character film I want is Obi Wan. Maybe Boba.
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Bye bye all! I may still peak in the Merch section.

It should have been a Lando movie in the first place. However from what I hear Solo is pretty amazing and Glover is amazing as Lando.

So yeah i'm all for it.

Star Wars has a history of doing stories about every single character, there is even a story about Darth Vaders Glove... spoiler it time travels

no I am not making that up

Ok, so what’s your answer to my question? Where do you draw the line?

Yeah they do flesh everyone out....in EU content(inb4 "its all EU now"). A novel about Lando's past would be fine. But a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Scissorpunch View Post
    Threatening was sarcasm
    Twice in a row I miss a joke....I'm slipping.
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Bye bye all! I may still peak in the Merch section.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissorpunch View Post
    Ok, so what’s your answer to my question? Where do you draw the line?
    I say the line isn't who it should stop with but with quality. Just like with the Marvel movies as long as they keep making high quality entertaining movies I am fine with them. Don't care if its a character i've never heard of as long as its a good fun movie i'm all for it.

Eh. I'll complain and go see it anyway. These Star Wars Story movies are the future of Star Wars cinema for me. I don't acknowledge The Last Jedi so for me the proper Saga ended with the last scene of TFA. It's over. So they can keep pumping out those side stories once a year for all I care - it will give me something to see at the theater. If it's a well made Lando film I'm down. I was in the "why the **** do we need a Han Solo movie" camp but as we get closer I'm really looking forward to it. Whatever - let them make a Han Solo trilogy with a whole bunch of Childish Landino.

They clarified that it isn't in the works. That said, Kennedy is a lunatic and the sooner she's fired, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig_Fromm View Post
    They clarified that it isn't in the works. That said, Kennedy is a lunatic and the sooner she's fired, the better.
    Yea it was clarified like 5 minutes after the fake news made it's rounds on all the sites.

Still fun to complain though.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast