Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Han Solo's Landspeeder

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I don't mind the size of Han's Landspeeder. I suspect they made it slightly bigger than what was seen in the film due to trying to add value (perceived or otherwise) to the sculpt. As was said, most of the SW Hasbro toy vehicles are severely underscaled vs. what was seen in the film. So, having this one slightly bigger than the movie is fine with me; it doesn't make up for the other underscaled vehicles, but IMHO is still a nice touch.
    Over is better than under scaled, no doubt. It just seems odd for them to do that. Reminds me of how the vintage Snowspeeder was actually over-scaled. They've since corrected that with the most modern sculpt. It's my favorite 3.75" vehicle of all time.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

  2. #42
    Emperor's Hand saddestmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Finally got this HS Landspeeder vehicle - great toy! I like the simplistic - but also detailed - sculpt. It definitely looks like a Landspeeder that you would find in the pre-OT SW universe. It's got some minor "battle damage" as well - very cool.

    IMHO the Han Solo figure this comes with is above average - for a 5 POA figure, that is. Good detail, and the vest is a separate piece - nice. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a holster where you can put the laser pistol - but, that's a minor nitpick, since some figures (even these days) still don't have holsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I don't mind the size of Han's Landspeeder. I suspect they made it slightly bigger than what was seen in the film due to trying to add value (perceived or otherwise) to the sculpt. As was said, most of the SW Hasbro toy vehicles are severely underscaled vs. what was seen in the film. So, having this one slightly bigger than the movie is fine with me; it doesn't make up for the other underscaled vehicles, but IMHO is still a nice touch.
    Apologies for quoting you twice: I just had to as I recently picked this vehicle and figure up at retail for $15.00 NZD (New Zealand Dollars) - which is a hugely discounted price, in this part of the world - and you pretty posted exactly what I also think of this purchase! I agree on all your points: a holster would have been great for the figure, and I also think the sizing of the vehicle is just fine.

    So glad to have acquired this!

  3. #43
    I'm still going back and forth on this item, it's under $20 which is nice. But I cannot get myself to just do it. I'm not quite sold on it, but it does have a bit of allure.

    Since I'm considering getting out of the Hobby, I'm trying to cut back on such frivolous purchases.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

  4. #44
    Emperor's Hand saddestmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand

    Let me nudge you in the direction of acquiring this!

    Its the first and only Solo movie 3 3/4 inch toy I’ve picked up: and TBH, it’s just a fantastic SW speeder generally speaking.

    The young, white worms gang Han Solo figure is surprisingly good - and a nice extra to also have.

    Frivolous? Nay!

    Highly recommended? Yay!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I'm still going back and forth on this item, it's under $20 which is nice. But I cannot get myself to just do it. I'm not quite sold on it, but it does have a bit of allure.

    Since I'm considering getting out of the Hobby, I'm trying to cut back on such frivolous purchases.
    I have it saved on my Amazon list, but I haven't been able to push myself to buy it either, considering I only want the figure, though the vehicle is cool. I just don't have room for all these 3.75 scale ships; I bought three from TLJ for the figures, and now the ships are boxed, gathering dust - I want to try to avoid doing that going forward.

    I've considered retiring from the hobby myself after the Skywalker saga is over, but I'll probably stick around so long as they're releasing 3.75 scale figures. As a friend of mine said - once you're in it - you collect until you're dead, lol. If you left the hobby, the forums would certainly be worse off, you're one of our core veterans!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by saddestmoon View Post
    Apologies for quoting you twice: I just had to as I recently picked this vehicle and figure up at retail for $15.00 NZD (New Zealand Dollars) - which is a hugely discounted price, in this part of the world - and you pretty posted exactly what I also think of this purchase! I agree on all your points: a holster would have been great for the figure, and I also think the sizing of the vehicle is just fine.

    So glad to have acquired this!
    No problem; glad to have my posts quoted re: this underrated vehicle. Also glad you got this for a fantastic price. This has ended up being one of my favorite vehicles from the new films. It definitely is the type of ship you could imagine seeing "off screen" in the OT, and has a nice retro vibe/tone - also, the solid blue color is a nice touch.

    To those who are on the fence re: getting this, don't concern yourselves with the figure - either way. For that matter, I would have gotten this vehicle without any figure(s) pack-in - it's that good, and stands on it's own.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    As a friend of mine said - once you're in it - you collect until you're dead, lol.
    Agreed. I've thought about getting out of the hobby numerous times over the years, but always get pulled back in when something else comes out that I want. I'm now collecting the 6" to some extent - something I never thought I'd do - LOL

    This always reminds of the iconic scene & line in the underrated Godfather Part III (1990) - this is at about 1:00 in the below clip:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UneS2Uwc6xw

  8. #48
    I was seriously considering leaving the hobby right before the Barge announcement! Glad that I stayed long enough to snag that Beauty! Plus a few other cool items trailed in after, the Skiff etc.

    While the St has been boring to me, I'm hanging on until I see what they do for ESB 35th. That will decide whether I seriously cut back, or just stop buying 99%.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •