Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Han Solo's Landspeeder

I'd buy this vehicle if it went down to $25. The figure is an added bonus, so you could almost argue that it may be worth that much...though I agree $20 would be much more reasonable.

That being said, I haven't seen this reduced at all @ retail stores & it's been out for a while. So, who knows if it will go down in price.

Back in the not-too-distant Saga Legend days, the vehicle would have been $20 and the figure sold separately (san Force Link) would have been $5.99 = $26. I recall back in the day when Transformers deluxe classes were in the $10, then $15, and now $20 with the 'premiere' tag. Yeah, it's simple inflation, but expect toys like this to organized into various price point categories with the added 'bonus' to justify current prices.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

But the figures we more articulated than they are today, so it was to cost prohibitive to "include" it. But here were instances where they did, so it ins't unprecedented.
    In the case of this , they had to include it due to the unique attire. He doesn't wear this outfit any other time. Though I'm sure they are people who would buy it on the card.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I was hoping this figure was going to be repacked with Lady Proxima - no such luck yet! I'm tired of buying ships just for the figure, so I'm waiting this one out. I bought three different TLJ ships on clearance for the figures, and now I'm stuck with ships I don't want. I honestly wish ships and figures were always separate unless they were repacks.

I was hoping I could display a VC124 Solo in this Speeder but because of the stupid way that the engineered the holster the figure can't sit...

What ships are you stuck with, and couldn't you sell them on ebay?
    Though honestly that's my dilemma with the A-Wing, I want Tallie but not the ship. lol
    But I'm a bit too lazy to sell things on ebay...
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    What ships are you stuck with, and couldn't you sell them on ebay?
    Though honestly that's my dilemma with the A-Wing, I want Tallie but not the ship. lol
    But I'm a bit too lazy to sell things on ebay...
    I suppose I could put them on ebay, but I've never sold anything on there before, and frankly think its more of a bother. I paid $12 or less per ship, so its not an issue of wasted money, I just don't have the room or desire to own large vehicles, I prefer the tiny diecast ships. I'd like to donate them, but I cant give them to Toys for Tots without the figures. ;p I offered them up for trade in the local section, but its dead.

Tallie is great though, that's why I picked up the A-Wing. I also picked up Poe w/ Ski Speeder, which is my favorite version of him. Recently I picked up The Canto Bight Police ship. I think I'll just skip Solo w/ speeder, unless its a real bargin.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    I'd like to donate them, but I cant give them to Toys for Tots without the figures.
    Goodwill? Savers?
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I got antsy about getting the figures as well, and ended up with Poe's speeder, Han's landspeeder, Canto Bight police speeder, and of course a Force Link 2.0 that I haven't even tried. Without the figures, the ships aren't worth nearly as much, and the cost of shipping them really eats into any profit one might make. Donating really seems like the easiest way to go!

I'm with you, DS, I prefer to own the Hot Wheels/Titanium/Black Series ships; they take up less space, are less expensive, and a lot of fun to collect.

Good points, everyone. I have mixed feelings about the inclusion of figures with these vehicles. I.e., if the figures weren't included the vehicles themselves would be less (maybe). But, on the flip side - if the figures weren't included, they would have to be included on a card - which could be tough to track down (and they may not even be made available on a card). I suspect the vehicles may be $5-$7 less if no figures were included.

That being said - re: the Canto Bight Police Speeder, I dig the vehicle & really appreciate/like the "security guard" figure that comes with this. And, I suspect that it may have been tough to track down if it had been available carded - especially since it's a "troop builder" of sorts.

That being said, the Hovertank is quite expensive @ $80 and still doesn't include a driver. Though, that was an unusual new vehicle because it was in a TVC box, and those toys (figures & vehicles) are always more expensive. Plus, as has been discussed, the lack of a Driver in this case was definitely because Hasbro wanted collectors/fans to buy the Drivers on the card.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast