Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra Kai

my only gripe with the show was cousin Louie... I could have done without that stupid character.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

I saw the Cobra Kai series in it's entirety this past summer, and felt it was fantastic! I wasn't sure if a "sequel" to the original films would work that well, but I was pleasantly surprised. Solid series, with 0 weak moments.

First, it was very interesting to see Johnny (William Z.) having fallen so far in life, to the point that you actually felt sorry for the character. One of my favorite scenes was near the beginning of Episode 1, when he hit on that gorgeous 20-something jogger; it was funny how she not only rejected him, but put him down (calling him a creep) - LOL. Johnny was obviously living in the past to a great extent, since those were his best memories - but the present had obviously caught up to him.

Conversely, Daniel (Macchio) was the opposite - a very successful businessman, who was trying to incorporate his old teachings with Mr. Miyagi into his car dealership re: giving the "bonzai trees" to everyone who bought a car - LOL.

Interesting that Johnny started the karate studio, and that his students were essentially the social rejects that he had looked down on when he was their age. Very ironic, but that was the whole point.

Being an '80's kid, I really liked the '80's rock/pop music - great homage to the original film & era.

Another favorite scene was when Daniel & Johnny were in the bar, and were both reminiscing about the Elizabeth Shue character (whom they had both dated). Daniel was obviously "following" her on Facebook, and it was funny how he knew so much about her, despite his insistence that he wasn't interested in her anymore - LOL.

I'm glad that Zabka & Macchio decided to make the show now. If they had waited 5-10 more years, I feel that they would have been too old for the role(s).

Looking forward to Season 2 - hopefully it will come out next year.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 09-18-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post

Looking forward to Season 2 - hopefully it will come out next year.
    Production is underway currently. 2019 release.

And I can not wait!!!!
    " Everybody breaks, everybody breaks sometimes...."

The producers of this show must have had me followed. Johnny's character in the first episode was WAY too close for comfort for me! The only difference is my Firebird didn't get totaled...
    "I'm such a hardcore OT purist, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi534 View Post
    The producers of this show must have had me followed. Johnny's character in the first episode was WAY too close for comfort for me! The only difference is my Firebird didn't get totaled...
    I'm now in my late 40's & don't drive a cool car, like Johnny did in the series. And, though I don't go around hitting on hot 20-something female joggers (as he did, unsuccessfully) seeing them around does remind me how old I've gotten - LOL.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 09-27-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Filming for Season 2 started this week. Kick ***.

Awesome series.. I love it.. Anybody know the date of release of season 2?
    Last edited by Imperial1973; 09-30-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial1973 View Post
    Awesome series.. I love it.. Anybody know the date of release of season 2?
    They just started working on Season 2 - Episode 1, so no chance getting this before 2019. I am gonna say Summer 2019 release.

Yes, since Season 1 came out in May?! 2018, I suspect that Season 2 will be released sometime in Summer 2019.

Which will definitely make it a "cruel summer".

Sorry. That sucked.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast