Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo Box Office Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Red5StandingBy View Post
    I don't think TLJ is completely to blame for this. Sure I would say about 50 or 60 percent of the people not seeing it are boycotting after TLJ, but I think the premise is the rest of that chunk. I have plenty or friends who liked TLJ and I can't say a single one of them was truly excited for this movie for any reason other than “hey it's the new Star Wars movie.”
    If you told me a year ago I would end up despising TLJ and enjoying Solo, I would have called you crazy. Solo had a lot of baggage early on because it's a beloved character who was played by an iconic actor who is still making movies. Between that baggage and the TLJ backlash, this movie was destined for an uphill battle. Hopefully more people will come to it over time and enjoy it.

Estimates falling below projections: http://variety.com/2018/film/box-off...ar-1202823304/
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

Han Solo Box Office Predictions

I don’t think people are “trying to punish” Disney, I think that TLJ made a lot of fans check out. They’re not boycotting a movie per se, they’ve lost interest in what they feel is a mishandled, disjointed franchise they no longer feel a connection with and that angers them. After seeing it myself I lost a lot of enthusiasm for Star Wars in general. That coupled with plain old brand fatigue.... New movies every year, and their quality being hit or miss, has just worn people out. You see it in the toy sales, you see it in the ticket sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DontDissTheFett; 05-27-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesanshutz
    I think you guys are full of crap about this swapping thing going on. How we do know its not you that you're doing the swapping yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by DontDissTheFett View Post
    I don’t think people are “trying to punish” Disney, I think that TLJ made a lot of fans check out. They’re not boycotting a movie per se, they’ve lost interest in what they feel is a mishandled, disjointed franchise they no longer feel a connection with and that angers them. After seeing it myself I lost a lot of enthusiasm for Star Wars in general. That coupled with plain old brand fatigue.... New movies every year, and their quality being hit or miss, has just worn people out. You see it in the toy sales, you see it in the ticket sales.

I think it's not the fans its the general movie audience that isn't interested in the movie. As we have seen on this board a lot of the fans who hated TLJ have already scene it and loved it.

Han Solo Box Office Predictions

If the fans are all still going, then why isn’t the movie doing better? The answer is they’re not all going, and the casual fans (the ones who don’t sit online to research and discuss Star Wars ad finitum) aren’t going either. What gives?

Last edited by DontDissTheFett; 05-27-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesanshutz
    I think you guys are full of crap about this swapping thing going on. How we do know its not you that you're doing the swapping yourself?

Oh my... boxofficemojo's weekend estimate is $83.325 million. Disney's original estimate was $130-150 million and Variety's estimate yesterday was $110. Such a shame to see it suffer like this.

nobody went to see TCW 'feature film cartoon' in theaters, either.
    it's just another Filoni cartoon.. not that there's anything wrong with that.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    nobody went to see TCW 'feature film cartoon' in theaters, either.
    it's just another Filoni cartoon.. not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Well it’s a Ron Howard cartoon this time. I really think a December release would’ve helped this film immensely.
    Last edited by DarthCitrix; 05-27-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

the BO is like the ending of TLJ: the rebellion (aka:fans) are reduced to about 20 people, who all fit inside the MF.
    this is what they wanted for SW: to "kill the past", and start all over again, with a new fanbase -- good luck with that.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 05-27-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by DontDissTheFett View Post
    If the fans are all still going, then why isn’t the movie doing better? The answer is they’re not all going, and the casual fans (the ones who don’t sit online to research and discuss Star Wars ad finitum) aren’t going either. What gives?

well except an 80 million opening is pretty good for any other summer blockbuster. It's not the best but not terrible. I mean its bad for the expectations of the film but keep in mind Guardians of the Galaxy only did 93 it's opening weekend, the first Captain America only did 65mil.

Now it does have the advantage to break 100 million with the holiday on Monday.

I will say this doesn't raise my hopes for future spin off movies. But we will see

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast