Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Obscure Character Choice (The One To Rally Behind Next)

OT Obscure Character Choice (The One To Rally Behind Next)

With the surprising announcement of the Amanaman mini bust going into production, many of us feel that it was in great part our team effort campaigning for it what made it happened. There is a possibility that, in fact, we could have built a communication bridge between business and consumer, successfully bringing to Gentle Giant's attention, in a more direct way than ever done before, the considerable demand for Original Trilogy obscure characters there is out there. These are characters that, while their screen time was very short lived, they have nonetheless proven to be household names in the collector community since 1977, characters many of us have been wanting for years, but have always stood very little chance of ever getting produced ... until now?

We want to gather our efforts once again and bring to The Giant's attention, whether through the use of campaign posters, this list, social media and /or any other venues, the one OT obscure character receiving the most love by the community, and therefore being seen as the next mini bust to be made. I like to emphasize the list below should not be interpreted as a replacement for the Pick-A-Bust feature included with our PG membership; that wouldn't make sense. The PGM Pick-A- Bust list is a great feature that encompasses characters from all films, comics and Animated series, including as well main characters. The one list below is specifically designed to tackle obscure aliens, droids and humans from the Original Trilogy. In fact the winner of this list could be included in next year's Pick-A-Bust list, and or made available as a PG gift or regular release.

Without further ado, here's what you folks have chosen so far ...

****** OT OBSCURE CHARACTER CHOICE ******

( LOOKING FOR THE NEXT ONE TO RALLY BEHIND )

- Squid Head - LightSword

- Squid Head - kevb0977

- Squid Head - SexxyDrumerBoy1

- Squid Head - Sith74

- Squid Head - Kneel_Before_Zod

- Squid Head - PurpleLightsaber

- Squid Head - The_kessel_run

- Squid Head -
    catch

- Squid Head - DarthWenger

- Squid Head - ATATDRIVER

- Ephant Mon - MaxGoof

- Ephant Mon -
    Turbowars

- Ephant Mon -
    cannoneer

- Ephant Mon - jwh1974

- Ephant Mon - Maxattack106- Ephant Mon - deathstar1000

- Duros - BenObi_70

- Duros - Django

- Duros - SpecialOpsUnit

- Death Star Droid - Hellboy

- Death Star Droid -
    Imrahil2001

- Yarna d'al' Gargan - Jedi534

- Melas -
    Co_Jo_Dai

- Rancor Keeper (Malakili) -
    ihnken33

- Ponda Baba - DC1376

- Cloud Car Pilot - Mechleader

Last edited by LightSword; 05-04-2018 at 01:04 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Fleet Admiral

Since we now have a new post for the obscure character to be made, I put it here. If I were so hell bent for leather for a Ponda Baba bust, I would have mentioned "Fode & Beed". I'd love to see them as a bust.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

I hear you, however, keep in mind that Fode & Beed, while pretty cool looking characters I would like to see made as well, they are not OT characters. This thread is looking only for obscure characters from the OT, therefore your Priest's Hell Bent For Leather reference about having Ponda Baba made, was your best choice.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-02-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar1000 View Post
    Willrow Hood!
    Is that your choice? The ice cream man Nothing wrong with it. I just want to make sure that out of all the obscure OT characters deserving to be made, your choice is Willrow so that I can add your choice to the list.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-02-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Is that your choice? The ice cream man. Nothing wrong with it. I just want to make sure that out of all the obscure OT characters deserving to be made, your choice is Willrow.
    I've already put in my vote but Ponda Baba (especially with removal arm showing a bloody socket) and the Ice cream man of Cloud City are pretty cool choices.

If you do Ponda, you pretty much have to include Dr. Evazan then don't you? Especially after seeing them again together in Rogue One.
    He's no good to me dead!

Agree. That would be the perfect duo: Evazan and Baba 2-pack.

Dannik Jerriko I'm thinking could be another Cantina patron to turn into a mini bust. Not sure if I would like to see him with uncoiled trunk-like organs like the Hasbro figure as that was not in the movie, but he should definitely come with his hookah pipe.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-02-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Another character I am shocked doesn't have their own bust is the Wampa. I know there is the statue and the bust ups, but with all the Hoth busts this seems like it should be done. Especially if you look at the scale of the headhunter I assume the Wampa is not a ton taller?
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Another character I am shocked doesn't have their own bust is the Wampa. I know there is the statue and the bust ups, but with all the Hoth busts this seems like it should be done. Especially if you look at the scale of the headhunter I assume the Wampa is not a ton taller?
    A Wampa would be cool, but I don't know how happy everyone would be about the $200+ price tag.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast