Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

And finally after years of wanting this obscure character from Jabba's Palace to take on the mini bust form, and after quite a bit of campaigning for it, Gentle Giant surprised us all with its announcement as a PGM gift for 2018. While we are a year away from its release, let this be the discussion thread for this character. Pictures will be added as time passes and updates come in about his development.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Who was Amanaman?

Amanaman was a mysterious and fearsome Amani headhunter from the planet Maridun, approximately eight feet tall. He wielded a three-pointed wooden staff which bore three human skulls and various smaller pieces of human remains. These trophies are a testament to the hunter's enormous brawn, dexterity and cunning; he almost certainly killed his prey bare-handed. The adventurer Amanaman was first seen in Return of Jedi entertaining himself as a guest at the Palace of Jabba the Hutt.

- Gentle Giant's first glance at the development of the mini bust:

Last edited by LightSword; 05-02-2018 at 01:05 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Woooohoooo!!! I'm a really happy man right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very happy for everyone that wanted this character made. And a big thanks to all of those that, one way or another, helped bring to GG's attention the desire for this character. Moreover, thanks to GG for making our wishes a reality and moving forward with Amanaman's production.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

I was very pleased to see this guy, of course we all hope for something special or maybe just something personally appealing & when it turns up it definitely makes for a happy feeling..., we are quite lucky really because unless your into Hasbro figures thereís very little chance youíd get something like this in your collection, itís a great choice & although Iíd not have picked it before others, Iím glad Julian brought it to my attention with his use of visual creativity, Iím pretty sure he could sell any character to me after one of his initial poster type campaign start ups.
    Last edited by kevb0977; 05-02-2018 at 02:00 AM.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Do I need to even say anything?! Well, I will say this: Amanaman's appearance plunged me right into my first PG subscription with no hesitations. After many, many years of hoping for this guy, he will finally be in my collection. Yes!

I'll have to tell you my Amanaman story a little later......
    Last edited by Maxattack106; 05-02-2018 at 06:00 AM.
    Tauntauns are cool....get it??

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Very happy for everyone that wanted this character made. And a big thanks to all of those that, one way or another, helped bring to GG's attention the desire for this character. Moreover, thanks to GG for making our wishes a reality and moving forward with Amanaman's production.
    ....and we want to THANK YOU! You were definitely the strongest driving force behind the Amanaman campaign. So many great pictures you posted, loved it!
    Tauntauns are cool....get it??

I've been pining for an Amanaman bust for a few years. I'm also interested in the Spacetrooper bust. 2017 was my first experience with signing up for the Premiere Guild and, to be honest, Gentle Giant's customer has been very subpar. I'm awaiting for 2017 to process and to receive my bust. Provided that moves along smoothly I'll be in for a platinum membership this year.

This guy will definitely be a cool addition to our collections !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ill admit, this year was going to be an easy pass for me, as I have virtually zero interests in any of the new busts. However, thatís perfectly fine with me! Iím genuinely happy for those of you whom campaigned for this guy, I can understand how excited you guys are. Plus thereís a couple of older busts Iím still waiting for a good price on, haha. However with that being said...the more I look at A-man the more I like it! I have a level in one of my detolf that is reserved for my favourite Bounty hunters. I currently have Boba/Jango/Aurra Sing/Bossk & IG-88, but thereís definitely room for oneeeeee more. Now I always hoped Iíd one day fill that slot with a Cad Bane, but I think A-man could make a nice addition. Any idea of the size demensions ?
    Last edited by Calrissian19; 05-03-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    ďThe dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins Ė but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.Ē -Yoda

Well I’ve ordered Amanaman as one of my PG gifts. I know I voted for Ahsoka, but there was always a chance that I’d order this. Let’s see which one arrives first....

Amanaman seems to have skulls hanging from his staff. It would be funny if we got a special edition version with Dooku, Ponda Baba and Dr Aphra’s skulls hanging from it to mark his victory in the vote and quick announcement.... lol!!

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast