Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Taking some pictures today I noticed the Amanaman sample I received has a cracked/separated finger ...

Mine came with fingers looking very similar. I originally thought they were broken but I think they've just been applied poorly.

I've had no reply to my direct email so I've gone through the contact form on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by The_kessel_run View Post
    Mine came with fingers looking very similar. I originally thought they were broken but I think they've just been applied poorly.

I've had no reply to my direct email so I've gone through the contact form on the website.
    You know, I think you are probably right. When I get home tonight I'll take another look at the mini bust. In my picture it looks more like a separation from the mold of the hand than an actual crack.

* hope your issue gets resolved quickly. Good luck!
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by ATATDRIVER View Post
    Amanaman in da house ! I'm sorry so many of you guys had cracked fingers on your busts ! Mine seems to be in good shape. Did a short video review of the bust if anyone wants to check it out. If ya think its decent , click " Like / subscribe " for me. Julian , I used your campaign poster as my thumbnail for the video. Hope ya don't mind. I can always change it if you'd rather I didn't use it.

https://youtu.be/htZ4W9yWTzI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Awesome video, Hank. And of course, you can use the poster; you're a friend. I appreciate your consideration letting me know about it, unlike some maker that used the one for Lobot during Celebration in 2017 and never told me about it. Congrats on getting your Amanaman issue-free. He looks great in your display. And I will subscribe to your Youtube channel when I get home.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Thanks Julian. And thanks for the kind comments on the videos also ! Im no master videographer or anything , but Im enjoying making the videos so far. Just having some fun with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Thanks, Travis. I hate having to go through the same process I went last month with the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, breaking off parts, packing and shipping them. That's time taken away from other things I got to do and honestly, this shouldn't be happening. One thing I noticed with Amanaman is that he is all one piece. For an item this large and having some weight to it, I think the hand with the staff/spear should have been a separate piece you could attach to the body via magnets (as it was for the Space Trooper), and have it protected in a separate cutting of the package. Instead it rests on top of a spongy material all together with the rest of the bust. Also for the hand holding the staff, the finger area is taped up way too tight several times around the staff thus causing stress to it, and I feel that the poor design of the package along the weak Styrofoam used allow for the product to shift while in transit causing stress to delicate areas thus cracking them or breaking them. I know not everyone got a damage item, and that is great. I'm happy every time I see a collector receives a perfect item, but as it has been with these four mini busts we've gotten lately, chances are higher a person will receive his/her product damaged mainly because of how it sits inside the Styrofoam.
    Godspeed, I can't really say much else that hasn't already been said .
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by ATATDRIVER View Post
    Thanks Julian. And thanks for the kind comments on the videos also ! I’m no master videographer or anything , but I’m enjoying making the videos so far. Just having some fun with it.
    You are welcome. And I enjoy watching them on my big screen TV in the Florida room. Keep up the good work. Now you have ten subscribers!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Godspeed, I can't really say much else that hasn't already been said .
    Thanks, Travis.
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-19-2019 at 06:53 PM.

I have to admit (as one who didn’t vote for amanaman), this has turned out really really well. I am happy that I ordered one and indeed that it got made.

The fingers on mine look the same...not too badly separated though. I would think everyone's looks like this? I thought they were cracked at first look but I don't know how else they would get his staff in his hand any other way since it's a separate mold piece. Luckily this is totally hidden from view when displayed.
    Last edited by Maxattack106; 09-22-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Tauntauns are cool....get it??

Thinking of asking for a replacement for my Amanaman and Bespin Leia. Why should I accept Amanaman with a defective finger, and Leia with a chipped lip? I believe I have the same right as anyone else that got perfect samples to get them myself. It's just upsetting. Out of the four mini busts I have received lately ( McQuarrie Sandtrooper, Space Trooper, Amanaman and Bespin Leia), every one of them but the Space Trooper have presented issues. Question is once again, will my replacements be any better than the ones they'll ask me to destroy? Going by the replacement I got for the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, they won't be much different.
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-23-2019 at 10:38 PM.

That sucks , but yeah , Id get replacements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast