Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Hopefully everything will go well for you. I'm just wondering if when they send you a replacement you'll have to pay again all those customs fees. I just hope it gets worked out in a way where you won't. Yes, the Styrofoam is so weak compared to what was used before. The McSandy's Styrofoam was awful! The one for the Space Trooper was a bit more rigid but still, those weird cut outs in that material and the way the busts sit in there don't look as made to protect them that well. Maybe there aren't that many broken busts as they've said, since they started using it, but complaints about damaged mini busts do have increased as of lately, so there is an issue somewhere.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

I've noticed they've put a disclaimer on the bottom of the box regarding the actual item arriving undamaged but not covering the box or packaging. (i.e. they probably expect the packaging and styrofoam not to last).

I contacted Gentle Giant, and as I suspected, people who ordered Amanaman with the Bib Fortuna bust are going to have to wait for the bust to come in before they get their items shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Jabba View Post
    I contacted Gentle Giant, and as I suspected, people who ordered Amanaman with the Bib Fortuna bust are going to have to wait for the bust to come in before they get their items shipped.
    Nothing new. You need to read more than just the last page of a thread LOL. This was explained to you the first time you asked days ago on post 173

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    This is how the e-mail reads, thus I'm assuming your order will ship in September:

Three new Premier Guild 2018 Gifts have arrived in our warehouse and are shipping out this week!
    Any orders which exclusively contain the following will be departing shortly:

• Space Trooper 1/6 Mini-Bust
    • Princess Leia (Bespin) 1/6 Mini-Bust
    • Amanaman 1/6 Mini-Bust

Anyone who ordered the Bib Fortuna Jumbo Figure, either on its own or with another item, your order will ship in September.
    Sincerely,
    Gentle Giant Ltd.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 09-16-2019 at 08:02 PM.
    Sith Apprentice. My Feedback Thread

I received mine, but the hand that's holding the stick has a broken finger. I think the tape they put around it was made too tight. Now I'll contact Gentle Giant for a replacement.
    Sith Apprentice. My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Nothing new. You need to read more than just the last page of a thread LOL. This was explained to you the first time you asked days ago on post 173
    I have in fact read the entire thread since I posted, and that post. As far as I can tell, literally everyone who has had theirs ship has had it ship "in September." But the email I got inquiring about my order said that they expect Bib to come in about two weeks, after which I will be contacted to confirm shipping. Even assuming they manage to ship it by the end of the month, it means that people who ordered the bust along with Bib will receive it about a month later than other people. That seems like something worth sharing.
    Last edited by Mighty_Jabba; 09-17-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Got my Amanaman yesterday and Wow! This thing is a beauty in all his ugliness and massive size. So big the box it comes in is just as big as the one for a 12" statue. No issues with it as far as anything broken or not painted right. So, another great mini bust delivered (unfortunately) in a crumbly Styrofoam tray and generic writing under the base. Very happy with the way the sculpt turned out, so another hit scored by GG in my view. I'll post some pictures of my sample when I get a chance over the weekend.
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-17-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    I received mine, but the hand that's holding the stick has a broken finger. I think the tape they put around it was made too tight. Now I'll contact Gentle Giant for a replacement.
    Same here. CS responded pretty quickly. Now I have to break both arms off and mail them in. This will be a sad day to break this bust even further...but I'll get a replacement, so that is good news!

Quote Originally Posted by dyetye View Post
    Same here. CS responded pretty quickly. Now I have to break both arms off and mail them in. This will be a sad day to break this bust even further...but I'll get a replacement, so that is good news!
    I emailed Richard on Sunday, still waiting. I've already cancelled one order because of fear of having to send body parts back from the UK and getting a paltry $5 back when it will cost closer to $40. On top of that I'll probably end up with more customs fees because they can't put the correct value on the invoice!

Quote Originally Posted by dyetye View Post
    They asked me to do the same thing. Not only did I break off the other arm, but I absolutely destroyed both of them to fit them in a small box. Without his arms, Amanaman looks like an actual bust now.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast