Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLightsaber View Post
    Well I’ve ordered Amanaman as one of my PG gifts. I know I voted for Ahsoka, but there was always a chance that I’d order this. Let’s see which one arrives first....

Amanaman seems to have skulls hanging from his staff. It would be funny if we got a special edition version with Dooku, Ponda Baba and Dr Aphra’s skulls hanging from it to mark his victory in the vote and quick announcement.... lol!!

You never know. Unless you are a forensic doctor, to the untrained eye, skulls are skulls. For all purposes those hanging from his staff could be the ones you mentioned. I guess we can leave that opened to individual interpretation? Anyway, I'm hoping to see a painted sample of him in July during SDCC.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-11-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    You never know. Unless you are a forensic doctor, to the untrained eye, skulls are skulls. For all purposes those hanging from his staff could be the ones you mentioned. I guess we can leave that opened to individual interpretation? Anyway, I'm hoping to see a painted sample of him in July during SDCC.
    Best leave that image to my overdeveloped imagination..... Lol

Hope when you see a painted prototype of Amanaman it doesn’t disappoint. Although arguably you did much of the design work for GG with your mock up images...

Haha! One can only try. As long as Amanaman is not painted red with blue stripes and he doesn't end up holding a baseball bat instead of a staff, I'll be fine. Just the thought of that happening ...wow!
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Haha! One can only try. As long as Amanaman is not painted red with blue stripes and he doesn't end up holding a baseball bat instead of a staff, I'll be fine. Just the thought of that happening ...wow!
    Haha

There has to be a mock up of that for a cringeworthy laugh! Mustn't forget the Micky ears..... LOL

Anyway before this thread goes down a rathole and we give Disney marketers ideas we really wished we hadn't.... I will reign myself in a bit!

AMANAMAN Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Really hope the skulls are hanging off by a little leather strap or something , and not just sculpted to the staff !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ATATDRIVER; 05-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATATDRIVER View Post
    Really hope the skulls are hanging off by a little “ leather “ strap or something , and not just sculpted to the staff !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I certainly hope so. They could do something similar to what they did with the Logray mini bust, where the bones are hanging from the staff using a string. A leather strap would look better though. It's a little difficult to tell, but I think the movie prop had the skulls attached to the staff by long strands of hair coming out from their tops. That could be something they could do as well, if they want to go that deep into detailing it.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-12-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Yeah. As long as they're hanging down loose it'll be cool.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm sure they'll use string for that, but leather would be cool!

Going back to what somebody said earlier about them not really being interested in any of the offerings this year, I'm on the other side of that fence and I love every offering this year! I don't think there's been an offering in a long time where I wanted every piece and at that point in time there weren't as many offerings then as there are now.

The first time I commented on the space trooper I did not know what it was, but after I saw it I thought it was a cool idea for a PGM gift! I thought it was a space trooper from the old Hasbro EU figure line.

Bespin Leia... Leia is always a great choice! Now all we need is Bespin Luke and to hope they don't butcher his face like they did on the statue!

Amanaman... totally stoked about this! I've been wanting this bust for for a long time, but never thought they'd actually make one!

Darth Maul collectors series statue is pretty freaking cool too! Even though my collection is going away from the PT, Darth Maul is still one of my favorites!

The jumbo figure... well ok, perhaps I don't care too much about that one, but if I collected that line I'd be all over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO if the skulls are indeed attached to the staff by their hair, I would rather see them just sculpted on.
    Last edited by Jedi534; 05-12-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    "I'm such a hardcore OT purist, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Yeah. I've been looking at a bunch of pictures and they are indeed, hanging by their hairs. If the skull are attached to the staff by the way of a string or leather strap, while it would have a more realistic look, I can see the possibility of it coming undone. If they are sculpted on, that would offer a less fragile staff, and will eliminate the possibility of whatever could be used to keep them attached to the staff, coming off. That said, if they stay true to the concept design, I believe they will be in fact sculpted on.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast