Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LEGO Star Wars - 20th Anniversary Thread

I mean, the Snowspeeder has been done ad nauseam at this point (without any major revisions for years).

The new Slave I, on the other hand, is a completely overhauled design. It looks to be a scaled-down version of the UCS set.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1 View Post
    I mean, the Snowspeeder has been done ad nauseam at this point (without any major revisions for years).

The new Slave I, on the other hand, is a completely overhauled design. It looks to be a scaled-down version of the UCS set.
    Yeah I get that we have a ton of Snowspeeders, but since they could all technically be unique, I like to buy each new version. So unless it's extremely similar to an earlier release I'd want one.

Not so excited about a third version of the medium sized Slave I on the other hand...

If someone already has an UCS Slave 1, why the new smaller sized one. I just got Zuckuss off eBay for $12. Though I do understand people wanting them all.

Having not owned any of the previous Slave I sets, I was all in on this one. Not sure if the price tag really matches the value, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the heck out of building this! Very sturdy build and the overall asthetics are very true to the actual ship. I'm glad to have this in my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    If someone already has an UCS Slave 1, why the new smaller sized one.
    Put yourself in the mindset of a 12-year-old who can't afford or doesn't have the skills/patience to build the UCS set and wasn't around in 2010 when 8097 Slave I came out. It's for that kid.

As for owning both - completists. I have two original Slave Is, Jango's Slave I, 8097, the UCS set and the latest 20th anniversary one. But I'm a sucker.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 04-07-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Have to say the Slave One is a really nice build glad I was able to get a nice Slave One in my collection. My only complaint is the cargo hold door doesn’t stay shut if you have much weight in the cargo hold. Other than that, it’s great and I need to figure out a MOC on a stand to display it upright.
    My Rebelscum Trade List

I too have fond memories of LEGO Star Wars. I was eight years old at the time LEGO Star Wars came around. I loved it and still do. When The Phantom Menace was released, I enjoyed it thoroughly and I still do along with Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith in tow. If it wasn't for the prequels, then I would never have discovered the original trilogy. I like both the original originals and the special editions (still a 90s/2000s kid/tween/teenager in me). It was LEGO that helped me get into Star Wars fully. It was like two of our favourite things coming together like bread and butter.

And to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the very-first licenced theme from a certain toy company, I worked very hard on a labour of love that I wish to share with you, plus it is a combination-tribute of two of my favourite starfighters from the saga. You'll found out soon on May 4th.

I wonder how Lego came up with the choices for the 20th Anniversary sets. I get the fact that they wanted to spread the ships across the saga timeline and incorporate some EU designs as well but the with the exception of the Snowspeeder and the Slave 1 the rest of the sets sorta fall flat for me. the podracer is cool but not really into it same with the dropship. I've yet to build the Slave 1.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234