Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LEGO Star Wars - 20th Anniversary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Would love a mini-figures set like the recent Harry Potter one. Honestly, it would just be Lego printing money. Use the same approach too... mostly OT characters with a handful of prequel/sequel characters as well. I'd buy a box
    Skipping over the whole "Hasbro won't let LEGO do it" conversation, personally I'd hate to see a dedicated LSW CMF line.

There are too many characters for them to pick from and everyone would ***** that X and Y didn't get made. They'd be making a rod for their own backs.

LOTR though, yes. Definitely yes.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Casting call - Rebelscum is working directly with LEGO to find fans who have cool LEGO SW collections.

Dust off your camera because LEGO is looking to showcase collections from the Star Wars community, and Rebelscum has been tasked to assist.

Do you have - or know someone who has - a collection that deserves to be limelighted? It doesn't have to be the biggest, most complete or amazingly well displayed collection; it just needs to be Star Wars! LEGO is looking for anybody who is proud of their sets and wants to take part in a special project.

If this sounds like you, or anyone you know, then we want to hear back! All you have to do is send an email to me at jeremy@rebelscum.com with your name and a single 'head shot' photo of the LEGO Star Wars display. No photography skills are necessary, so if you're a point-and-click photographer you won't be excluded. We will pass it on to the LEGO community engagement team, who will reach out to explain the full details of the project.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 01-07-2019 at 05:47 PM.

What's the deadline on this, Jeremy? I have a huge Lego SW collection (over 300 LSW sets, 850+ minifigures), but haven't gotten around to organizing everything after moving last year.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1 View Post
    What's the deadline on this, Jeremy?
    Jan 15th. An old photo would do though.

I can share that the special project is a collage.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 01-07-2019 at 05:46 PM.

While the twentieth anniversary of the first LEGO Star Wars sets might not garner the worldwide attention and ticker-tape parades we know it deserves, LEGO is still going to mark the occasion - in a small way.

And that small way, reports Stone Wars, is through a series of limited edition minifigs that will be included in five selected sets.

In addition to the normal minifigs that LEGO will include in their 20th Anniversary Collection, the sets chosen to have a specially printed minifig that were originally released in 1999 are:

75243 Slave I - Princess Leia
    75258 Anakin's Podracer - Luke Skywalker
    75259 Snowspeeder - Lando Calrissian
    75261 Clone Scout Walker - Darth Vader
    75262 Imperial Dropship - Han Solo
    Intel suggests that each minifig will have the original yellow skin tone (with the exception of the Lando Calrissian and Darth Vader minifigs) that they were initially introduced in. According to sources, in order to differentiate them from their original counterparts, they will have a special "20 Years - LEGO Star Wars 1999-2019" printed on the back of the torse piece.
    Additionally, it is expected, that they will include a gold-coloured blaster and a display tile to stand on.

Remember that none of this has been verified by official sources and until it does it could just be purple monkey dishwasher.

For those expecting to something more reflective of the basic and rudimentary set designs of the early years of the LEGO Star Wars line, why not have a look at the latest LEGO Star Wars 4+ sets which includes three iconic, simple-to-assemble spacecraft that are great introductory sets.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/lego/...now_182897.asp
    Last edited by Jeremy; 01-18-2019 at 05:30 PM.

This does absolutely nothing for me.

Initial reports didn't include the Slave-1 in the anniversary assortment, does this mean it will be like the original version? If so that's awesome news as I have wanted to pickup the legacy set, here is to hoping it includes the vintage Boba Fett mini figure as well, I hate the more complex ones with faces they have been using.

The commemorative 'yellow-skinned' minifigures are cool; but rather than re-release sets that we've already seen, I'd much rather have had them dig deep and give us some truly unique things that haven't been covered before.

Lego doesn't know how to throw a party...
    Gorge, guzzle and wench, for tomorrow we get gutted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast