Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEGO Star Wars - 20th Anniversary Thread

LEGO Star Wars - 20th Anniversary Thread

Not to sidetrack the future LEGO Star Wars 2019 News and Discussion thread, but next year is the 20th anniversary of the LEGO Star Wars line, which started in 1999 (for those of you who don't have their calculators at hand). It got me to wondering what LEGO could do to mark the occasion.

I'm hoping that we'll see some special edition sets like the 50th and 60th anniversary of the patent that gave us the brick, when LEGO released commemorative sets.

My wish is that LEGO will revive a couple of the initial OT and TPM sets from 1999. I'd like to see them re-issued with new colours and a few subtle upgrades (such as stud launchers, which didn't exist 20 years ago) but essentially stay the same.

Any other thoughts, ideas, suggestions,comments or recipes?
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

I just hope that OT sets will not be ignored due to the release of the final episode of the Sequel Trilogy. There are many fans out there (like myself) who are strictly OT fans..
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

I’d like to see some nice OT sets rather than updated older sets from TPM. Wouldn’t mind another Darth Mail set but we just had The Battle at Naboo set which is cool. I think it would be cool if they did an anniversary Minifigure early bird set up with backdrop like Kenner did with their action figures. Another set that would be cool is a Death Star scene where Luke and Leia swing across for safety while avoiding stormtroopers. I’m sure there will be some cool sets to come.
    My Rebelscum Trade List

Didn't realize next year is the 20th anniversary of Star Wars LEGO. I would have been 8 in 1999 and I still remember getting the LEGO Catalogue and seeing the first Star Wars sets being advertised. I got the 7110 Landspeeder and 7128 Speeder Bikes. I still have those old catalogues as well (anyone want a UCS Star Destroyer for $300????)

Good times. Simpler times.
    My FOR SALE Thread >>> My WANT TO BUY Thread >>> My FEEDBACK Thread
    Black Series 6" Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Mudtrooper, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook
    >>>Instagram: jarrett_austin<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    (anyone want a UCS Star Destroyer for $300????)
    Please put all sales posts in the LEGO Classifieds section.

j/k

Do you ship overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Please put all sales posts in the LEGO Classifieds section.

j/k

Do you ship overseas?
    Ha, sure thing! As soon as I have my time machine up and running I'll bring back enough Star Destroyers for everyone.
    My FOR SALE Thread >>> My WANT TO BUY Thread >>> My FEEDBACK Thread
    Black Series 6" Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Mudtrooper, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook
    >>>Instagram: jarrett_austin<<<

Ha, sure thing! As soon as I have my time machine up and running I'll bring back enough Star Destroyers for everyone.
    You know we're going to hold you to that!

Every larger set from 1999 has been done and done again. As look back at those sets, there is nothing I really want in the smaller sets updated as an anniversary set.
    With that said, the pod racer sets have had the least remakes in completeness. I would look at an updated Vader’s TIE advanced though, I still don’t think we have a definitive version.
    I am just not interested in TPM:EP1 sets of battle droids, Gungans, flashspeeders...

anyone want a UCS Star Destroyer for $300????
    Current rumour list has a UCS set on it - people are wondering if it's an ISD already.

Also worth noting:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ary_182130.asp

Would love a mini-figures set like the recent Harry Potter one. Honestly, it would just be Lego printing money. Use the same approach too... mostly OT characters with a handful of prequel/sequel characters as well. I'd buy a box
    "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast