Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: My current collection

Haha ! I'm much willing to eat crow myself and have a great looking bust when it arrives, and be proven wrong on its physical condition. Hopefully I'll get to find out about mine very soon.
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-06-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Well, SOS from the USPS. Claimed it would be here today, never showed up. I get tired of the "quality" service, especially on Saturdays. Guess it's a wait until Monday now .
    Last edited by Django; 09-07-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Well, SOS from the USPS. Claimed it would be here today, never showed up. I get tired of the "quality" service, especially on Saturdays. Guess it's a wait until Monday now .
    You are not alone, Travis. Mine was also supposed to be delivered yesterday (Saturday) and it never showed up. Instead I received Ahsoka from EE which was scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Go figure USPS!
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    You are not alone, Travis. Mine was also supposed to be delivered yesterday (Saturday) and it never showed up. Instead I received Ahsoka from EE which was scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Go figure USPS!
    I know the Ashoka was for your son, but what are your/his thoughts on it? Did the piece arrive okay?
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I know the Ashoka was for your son, but what are your/his thoughts on it? Did the piece arrive okay?
    The box it was packed in was big enough to allow for plenty of padding, which they used, and the presentation box has no flaws thanks to that, so kudos to EE for that. The Styrofoam is even worse than the one they used for the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, and part of the bust was coming out through it. That can tell you how bad it is. As far as the bust itself, it came perfect. Paint application looks great/ no bleeding, colors are vibrant, details are good. Compared to the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, you can tell they took the time to work on this one. In all a beautiful sculpt I would have bought for myself if I were collecting from the animated series. My son put it in his room the minute he saw it. It's a beautiful piece, really. I posted pictures in the Ahsoka thread and will re-post them in mine as well.
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-08-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    The box it was packed in was big enough to allow for plenty of padding, which they used, and the presentation box has no flaws thanks to that, so kudos to EE for that. The Styrofoam is even worse than the one they used for the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, and part of the bust was coming out through it. That can tell you how bad it is. As far as the bust itself, it came perfect. Paint application looks great/ no bleeding, colors are vibrant, details are good. Compared to the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, you can tell they took the time to work on this one. In all a beautiful sculpt I would have bought for myself if I were collecting from the animated series. My son put it in his room the minute he saw it. It's a beautiful piece, really. I posted pictures in the Ahsoka thread and will re-post them in mine as well.
    Well I am glad to here! Yeah, EE are pretty solid. I never had any issues with them and when I did, they instantly resolved my problems. Them and BBTS are pretty much first class operations that still get what Customer Service is!
    He's no good to me dead!

My wife told me the box arrived today...and it's all beat up. Great. Now I have to hope it didn't damage the bust inside since the crap Styrofoam is being used.
    He's no good to me dead!

As bad as the outer box looked, to Diamond's CREDIT it arrived PERFECTLY.

Now I am just debating getting rid of the Sandtrooper because the scale is bothering me...
    Last edited by Django; 09-09-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    He's no good to me dead!

Now excuse me while I eat my dinner...
    He's no good to me dead!

I ended up swapping the Tie Pilot from the top shelf to the back of the bust shelf, and putting the Sandtrooper back on the top shelf with the retro 3 3/4" figs. The scale difference between the Sandtrooper and Spacetrooper bust irked me too much.
    He's no good to me dead!

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast