Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anovos Luke Skywalker Rebel Pilot Helmet

Anovos Luke Skywalker Rebel Pilot Helmet

Anovos finally announced their Luke Skywalker helmet. It looks to be a great piece for the price.

$399 or $339 early bird price

https://www.anovos.com/products/star...lmet-accessory

I’m impressed- the weathering looks better on this than the ANH EFX or the recent RS ones, IMO.

Even with a discount I won’t order direct though.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." -Euripides

FINALLY! Been waiting awhile for this one. The weathering and details look great. I just hope they can really get it out by 4th quarter this year.
    Last edited by Shabby_Blue; 04-17-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    Shabby Blue

So I own the Celebration-exclusive EFX EpV Luke Xwing sig edition helmet, but I've been thinking I'd like to sell that and "downgrade" to an ANH version, but I'd assumed I'd have to sell the EFX ESB version for a lot and buy the EFX ANH version for slightly less, but now this presents a much cheaper alternative to that. I'm just worried about the Anovos version being cheapish compared to the EFX versions. Is Anovos stuff considered primarily costuming gear and not worthy of display, or is it decent quality? I don't want to trade a really solid piece for something flimsy.

Thanks for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by GroundskeeperWillie View Post
    So I own the Celebration-exclusive EFX EpV Luke Xwing sig edition helmet, but I've been thinking I'd like to sell that and "downgrade" to an ANH version, but I'd assumed I'd have to sell the EFX ESB version for a lot and buy the EFX ANH version for slightly less, but now this presents a much cheaper alternative to that. I'm just worried about the Anovos version being cheapish compared to the EFX versions. Is Anovos stuff considered primarily costuming gear and not worthy of display, or is it decent quality? I don't want to trade a really solid piece for something flimsy.

Thanks for any advice!
    There is a big difference in weight. The Anovos is ABS so it’ll feel a lot lighter compared to EFX’s fiberglass versions. But if it’s going to just sit on a shelf I don’t see a problem with it. I might sell my EFX one down the road for this.

Thanks for any advice!
    Based on your last sentence about solid vs flimsy, you may want to stick with what you have. The EFX helmets are heavier fiberglass versus the thinner, lighter abs plastic of the Anovos ones. Granted, that abs plastic is truer to the screen-used prop material than fiberglass. In a display environment you aren’t likely to be picking up the helmets, so weight matters less. As far as “quality,” I can say that the “Premier Line” Anovos helmets I own (which this X-Wing helmet is NOT, to be clear) are fiberglass and are equal if not superior to the fiberglass helmets done by EFX.

Really just depends on what you’re after.
    Last edited by Jagjaguwar; 04-17-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." -Euripides

Thanks for any advice!
    The size, shape, materials, and weight are all completely different from the EFX versions. The price is cheap enough to pick one up, however I would not give up one of my EFX for it.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Is there any license restriction with this helmet? It will only ship to the US.

Best regards,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Solo View Post
    Is there any license restriction with this helmet? It will only ship to the US.

Best regards,

Alex
    No licensing issues that I’m aware of. However I live in the UK and Anovos Shipping fees are pretty steep, then there’s the duty/vat etc so I prefer to buy from a EU retailer or eBay EU anyway. Plus I tend to buy after (or very close to) release as I don’t like pre-ordering (tired of too many delays from all the licensed companies!)

Heres a review I did of the Anovos Rey helmet, which I thought was really great http://www.starwarshelmets.com/Anovos_TFA_Rey_Xwing.htm

It also includes side by side comparisons with an EFX helmet. Bottom line is they are both quality helmets, both with their advantages and disadvantages.

Cheers

Jez

I'll be pre ordering it..
    I'm just going to wait for entertainment earth to get it on their website as a presale..
    Last edited by Imperial1973; 04-17-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast