Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 295

Thread: 36" (91 cm) Death Star WIP (continued)

  1. #21
    Man, that looks so good. It is really coming alive! Great work!

    (wish I had something more constructive to say...maybe later after I digest those pictures!)

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

    In the hanger there is that small wedge with the doors. How are you decorating the interior walls? That looks like a good space where R2 and 3-P0 were hiding. There are different sized sticker craft beads that might make good lights for the walls.

    I don't mind that the control room is so small since it isn't really a playable space.

    What are you intending to do with the hollow space under the prison deck floor? If you were just going to cover it up, make it look like the exhaust port so at least it has some playability. Having just a bunch of wires would also be cool.
    Thank you!

    The little area where the droids hid... I'm trying to visualize it, I know what you're talking about. Not having any luck pulling up images, so I may have to break out the blu-ray again. Not a bad idea, though.

    Yeah for the control room I was hoping to be able to make the door for the closet open and close, so at least it has one action feature in there.

    For that empty space in d-block, right now I'm thinking maybe either a small armory or a torture rack? Wanted to try to think of something that would fit with the d-block.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muftak View Post
    Man, that looks so good. It is really coming alive! Great work!

    (wish I had something more constructive to say...maybe later after I digest those pictures!)
    Thanks Muftak!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Sceptaurus View Post
    Thank you!

    The little area where the droids hid... I'm trying to visualize it, I know what you're talking about. Not having any luck pulling up images, so I may have to break out the blu-ray again. Not a bad idea, though.

  4. #24
    Grand Admiral Utinniii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada; less Hothy than people think!

    Quote Originally Posted by Muftak View Post
    Ha!
    This is the pic I was going to use. I wanted the red circle thing and control board, but I see there is no room for it. The light walls can be on one door wall though.



    Putting Han's (or Rey's) torture chair in that spot is a great idea. I was actually referring to the 2x3" space under the Cell floor though.

    Adding a little closet with a working door will be fun and won't take up a lot of room.
    Last edited by Utinniii; 04-23-2018 at 07:32 PM.

  5. #25
    I forget, are you making an armory or barracks in this dio? Or is it all only going to be places seen in the films?

    It's looking so cool too. :{J
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

    If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Ha!
    This is the pic I was going to use. I wanted the red circle thing and control board, but I see there is no room for it. The light walls can be on one door wall though.



    Putting Han's (or Rey's) torture chair in that spot is a great idea. I was actually referring to the 2x3" space under the Cell floor though.

    Adding a little closet with a working door will be fun and won't take up a lot of room.
    I was looking at it on my lunch break. It's just a small little cramped wedge, so I don't know how much I'd be able to do with it. If I covered up the octagonal doorway on the base wall with a regular-shaped doorway from another layer of foam board, I might be able to fit in some of the little lights. It might not look quite right, though. I'll see if I can come up with a concept sketch or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron420 View Post
    I forget, are you making an armory or barracks in this dio? Or is it all only going to be places seen in the films?

    It's looking so cool too. :{J
    Thanks! I was originally planning to have one or both (thinking, 'oh, with a 36" diameter, I'll have more than enough room for everything!') Ah, to be young again .

    So basically yeah, I'm kind of cramped for space. I don't know if you saw the little multi-layered Stormie bunk bed (or morgue, depending on your perspective lol). I'm left with the little corner room with the trash chute sticking out, then the other corner room that was going to be the outside of the trash compactor (I might use the room with the chute for that if I can make room). Other than that, no vacancy!

  7. #27
    Grand Admiral Utinniii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada; less Hothy than people think!

    It you wanted that scene there are 2 things you could do.
    1] Widen the wedge a little or
    2] Get rid of the Launch Bay door. If it was gone, you could make the moving catwalk (giving that space 2 levels (3 with elevator shaft) and put the console and circle thingie near the small blast door.
    If you like the Launch Bay door, keep it but if you are on the fence about it, I think it is less interesting and playable than the catwalk idea and it is facing into the DS, not out.

  8. #28
    That's right I remember the bunks now. I'd say that's more than those Imp's deserve anyways! Thanks for reiterating. :{D
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

    If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    It you wanted that scene there are 2 things you could do.
    1] Widen the wedge a little or
    2] Get rid of the Launch Bay door. If it was gone, you could make the moving catwalk (giving that space 2 levels (3 with elevator shaft) and put the console and circle thingie near the small blast door.
    If you like the Launch Bay door, keep it but if you are on the fence about it, I think it is less interesting and playable than the catwalk idea and it is facing into the DS, not out.
    Yeah, widening the wedge is kind of what I had in mind. The catwalk is a good idea, and it's something I had wanted to add, but I think it might be better suited for 3d printing. I think I could make them both fit. Also I may or may not have the launch door be removable, that way if it does become too crowded there are still options.

  10. #30
    What's up guys! Quick update here. I'll be working on it most of the night so I should have more later, but looking for some opinions if you have a moment.

    So I put together a quick mockup for the droid hiding closet in the red room. Didn't feel like waiting for my glue gun to heat up. Anyway I'm wondering what changes, if any, you think I should make.

    I want to have the sliding door on the closet, but I'm wondering if I should even just have 2 control panels rather than 3. This would allow me to move the closet over a little since it's right on the edge, giving a little more room to move the doorway from the catwalk over so Chewie can get through. It would also allow me to make a little frame around the bay window, nothing elaborate, but at least for a little definition in that area.

    So here's some shots with 3 panels, then with 2.

















    Let me know what you think!

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •