Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Imperial AT-DT

Quote Originally Posted by CMDR_Appo View Post
    Got one from Amazon UK for £30 which isn't bad considering elsewhere is £40. Great little vehicle and Hasbro have thankfully put a bit of effort into the thing versus that Rebels walker they did a few years back. While not fully articulated, the legs have joints where they need 'em the most!
    I have mixed feelings about the leg joints on this new AT-DT. Yes, they work well & look great. However, they do need to be adjusted - which I don't like having to do, given that I'm worried the vehicle may break while doing this. Also, note this could easily gone the other way - given that the modern AT-ST's have crappy legs that can't stand well no matter how they're adjusted.

I have 0 issues with the Rebels AT-DP vehicles (that came out a couple of years ago) not having leg joints. Sure, they're not articulated, but at least they can stand without problems or adjustments.

I ordered one off Entertainment Earth and just opened it up. I like the vehicle, and the construction is solid. Hasbro added some axles & gear details inside the hollow legs, so they don't look too bad. The hip and ankle joints are ball & socket, and they're tight, so I expect they'll stay firm for the short run. The hip front armor plates are separate pieces from the legs, and unfortunately one of mine is missing. The left & right sides are different, so I can't copy the one I've got to make the missing left one. I might contact Hasbro Customer Service, but most likely they won't have spare parts available. I guess it's better than missing a foot or something, but it's still a bummer.

Update: I chatted with Hasbro Customer Service to see if they could get replacement hip armor parts and they cannot. They offered to pay for shipping & replacement of the entire product, but I'm not that tied up about it. I can probably customize a similar armor piece, or think up something else to fit in the socket. Probably just a freak omission, but take a good look at the AT-DT when you unbox it.

Picked this up at TK Maxx (that's what TJ Maxx is called here for whatever reason) for a nice €20,-
    They also had Han's Speeder and the Battle on Crait 4-pack for the same price.

Meanwhile every single chain in the Netherlands is still stuck with TLJ wave 1 stuff, and a random AT-ACT "discounted" at €278,- or so, they claim it used to be €350,-

This is a great walker, no fear of floppy legs like the new AT-STs. It can crouch down like the one dropped from the AT-Hauler or rise high to the same height as an AT-ST, decent walking poses can be made.
    The action features are fun and the dirt paint decent, but I really wish it was more accurate to the film and the friggin' box art. Especially the filled-in side panels as opposed to open railing and the super-short barrel are major pet peeves.

Also, is the figure a repaint of the RO Stormie with a Mimban head or a new sculpt?
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

I wish the front window opening was like the VC At-St where it can open and close. That would have been sweet.
    Want:
    Black Series 6" Tie Fighter Pilot (not the TFA one)
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1049653/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyko_Droid View Post
    Update: I chatted with Hasbro Customer Service to see if they could get replacement hip armor parts and they cannot. They offered to pay for shipping & replacement of the entire product, but I'm not that tied up about it. I can probably customize a similar armor piece, or think up something else to fit in the socket. Probably just a freak omission, but take a good look at the AT-DT when you unbox it.
    If you decide to excjange it and since you got this thru EE, you would be bertter off exchanging it thru them rather than Hasbro. If Hasbro happen to run out of the walker, they'd simply send you another vehicle from that asst. EE currently restocked the walker w/ free shipping.

I'm traveling for a wedding and made a toy run today, stumbled on this set at Walmart in N GA. Keep an eye out, they are hitting shelves.

Mine didn't come with any missiles. Admittedly, I'd never use them but kinda annoying.

Got an email from amazon cancelling my order for this because they don't know when they'll get it in stock. Absolutely lame that stuff that was supposed to be on shelves in the summer STILL aren't available.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

I was afraid that was going to happen. It's why got it from BBTS a few weeks ago. And I agree, it's ridiculous.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast