Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo - Droid Factory Four-Pack Set

What a wonderful surprise! I wasn't expecting anything like this and have already ordered one from ebay for a reasonble price (as an importing UK collector, anyway).
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Koth View Post
    Stuart Bone created R2-S8 and Glyn Turner Created R5-PHT, both from the R2 Builders club.
    Thank you!

Some various loose shots via ebay. R2-S8 looks to be weathered a bit, which is nice. One point of concern, however, is that all the samples I've seen on ebay seem to have slightly crooked/lopsided/askew pinstripes on the dome. One side appears to sit higher than the other. I know these are mass produced, so there's bound to be sloppy paint apps occasionally, but the four or five I've seen on ebay so far all seem to have this problem.

JTA: a wretched hive of scum and idiocy. You should be cautious.

Palp's feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    Some various loose shots via ebay. R2-S8 looks to be weathered a bit, which is nice. One point of concern, however, is that all the samples I've seen on ebay seem to have slightly crooked/lopsided/askew pinstripes on the dome. One side appears to sit higher than the other. I know these are mass produced, so there's bound to be sloppy paint apps occasionally, but the four or five I've seen on ebay so far all seem to have this problem.
    Those lines on the head are difficult. When I customised this droid I only did one pair of black lines. I'm not surprised they look a bit wobbly.
    It does look a very faithful representation of the character, however. I tip my hat to the creators and painters.
    Last edited by Koth; 04-14-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

Picked these up for a friend. Their registers didn't recognize them so took a few extra minutes to cash out.
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Koth View Post
    Those lines on the head are difficult. When I customised this droid I only did one pair of black lines. I'm not surprised they look a bit wobbly.
    I can understand wobbly lines with Human hands, but aren't these all done by machine now more than man?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

These are great! So happy astromech droids still have a place somewhere in the universe!

F1P lookalike is in Echobase hangar (close to Han & the Falcon, appropriately), and 232 may just end up in the streets of Mos Eisley for me.
    Last edited by pod; 04-15-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    See every astromech droid @ http://angelfire.com/droid/astromechs

I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with 2 of these sets. I am still a sucker for Astro droids.
    Last edited by jedimasterc; 04-15-2018 at 09:29 AM.

I keep checking the App and shopDisney to see if they are for sale yet

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    F1P lookalike is in Echobase hangar (close to Han & the Falcon, appropriately)
    I had a similar thought that it would become R2-A2 at Yavin in Rogue One, but it needs orange legs... he he!
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast