Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chewbacca (Han Solo Movie) - Target

So this is a figure of Chewbacca cosplaying as Maz Kanata?????

Quote Originally Posted by DarthWhirlygig View Post
    The goggles, the Ombré hair, the steampunk gun...

Yep, I'm going to be calling this one "Hipster Chewbacca".
    More like Chewbacca in Maz Kanata cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by matches View Post
    But that could just mean that we don't know what the figure's number is yet. GNT always does that when starting threads for figures that don't have official numbers yet.

But maybe I missed something? A random commenter at Yakface posited that it's an exclusive, but was there confirmation of that somewhere? I'm not being snarky; that's a genuine question.
    I stand corrected. JTA is reporting that it's a Target exclusive. My apologies.

Confirmed... Looks like the 6" Chewbacca is indeed a Target exclusive.

I gotta say, good for Target. They've been handed some real garbage exclusives in the past, despite always doing a good job of stocking them. (At least in my area.) So it's about time that they got something people will actually want, between Gamorrean and this Chewie, which looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jwickjedi View Post
    More like Chewbacca in Maz Kanata cosplay.
    Lololol....
    but is there a difference?

Damn I was hoping that patrol Stormtrooper would pop up as a Target exclusive kinda like how the AT-ACT Driver just appeared without any warning. Probably not going to happen if Chewie is the exclusive though, isn't the Gamorrean Guard also Target?
    TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TK114 View Post
    Damn I was hoping that patrol Stormtrooper would pop up as a Target exclusive kinda like how the AT-ACT Driver just appeared without any warning. Probably not going to happen if Chewie is the exclusive though, isn't the Gamorrean Guard also Target?
    The Guard is also Target, they had two exclusive black series figures last year. Hopefully Chewie is 04/13. The Guard is June I believe.
    The Force will be with you always!

Ugh. No more original characters as exclusives. Make them be repaints or alternate versions. Glad to get a Solo Chewie, I liked the older Targer exclusives that were basically repainted figures or just an alternate version of another character.

But, anyway, at least Target exclusives are pretty easy to find. Could be a Walmart exclusive that is stocked once and never again, or Gamestop and take 2 months to get to stores.
    Wants: SH Figuarts ANH Han Solo, Chewbacca, ROTJ Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by MagusVader View Post
    Ugh. No more original characters as exclusives. Make them be repaints or alternate versions. Glad to get a Solo Chewie, I liked the older Targer exclusives that were basically repainted figures or just an alternate version of another character.

But, anyway, at least Target exclusives are pretty easy to find. Could be a Walmart exclusive that is stocked once and never again, or Gamestop and take 2 months to get to stores.
    I gotta respectfully disagree. The fact that Target does such a good job of stocking exclusives makes this pretty exciting. And, frankly, I've worried that with all of the ACT-AT Drivers and FO Executioners they were sitting on for so long, they weren't far off from giving up on trying to land exclusives altogether. At least they know this one will have a much better chance of selling through.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast