Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Matchbox

I love your photography of the cars out and about in the dirt and woods. Reminds me of playing with my Matchbox and Hot Wheels in the yard as a kid.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    I love your photography of the cars out and about in the dirt and woods. Reminds me of playing with my Matchbox and Hot Wheels in the yard as a kid.
    Thank You Kind Sir! It's much appreciated. I call it Toy Therapy... this is my way to unwind after a stressful day of work. There's a small park behind my house that offers lots of interesting locations to shoot these miniature beauties in.

here's a few more (a mix of Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lightning, Autoworld and Greenlight 1/64)

Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

I love Hot Wheels red Land Rover Series III Pickup... except it hasn't got the characteristic split windshield! Matchbox's "Gen. II" (a Series III Station Wagon, actually) got that detail right. There are pre-Defender Land Rovers without the split windshield, but those are usually after-market customs and the split windshield is such a characteristically "Land Rover" thing... heck, even the vehicle's car art correctly shows it with the bar down the center of the windshield! Oh well. Still a kick-butt Land Rover. And they're doing a proper Defender soon, too (as opposed to that big-wheeled crew cab pickup one that's been out for a couple of years).

I have that '89 Grand Wagoneer and the '00 Xterra, too.

And I wish they'd do a four-door classic 80s Cherokee.
    Last edited by Kooshmeister; 06-13-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Nabbed the InGen 4x4 off of eBay.

'62 Jeep Willys Wagon:

'63 Chevy C10 Pickup Truck:

'82 Datsun 280 ZX:

'82 Datsun 280 ZX:
    sweet rides... meant to ask. do you collect Johnny Lightnings, Greenlights or other 1/64 cars. I have a wide assortment of diecast cars ranging from Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Greenlight and Johnny Lightning.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp

The only Johnny Lightning I have is a 1980 Chevrolet Malibu:

I also have a Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 416 made by Roco MiniTanks:

Last edited by Kooshmeister; 06-21-2019 at 01:37 PM.

The Mercedes-Benz 5-pack, featuring the until now unreleased '14 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G550 (a maroon version of the silver Jurassic World version without the bull bars over the headlights and grill):

Mercedes-Benz W123 Wagon:
    Last edited by Kooshmeister; 06-24-2019 at 01:49 AM.

The only Johnny Lightning I have is a 1980 Chevrolet Malibu:

I also have a Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 416 made by Roco MiniTanks:

Sweet... I think I have that Chevy Malibu myself but in a pale blue.

I prefer the Johnny Lightning and Greenlight 1/64th just due to the amount of detail that put into them Matchbox is a close 2nd when it comes to the details and for me Hot Wheels just misses the mark on most of their models (plus I'm not a huge fan of the whacky creations they make.)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast