Page 199 of 216 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2151

Thread: The next big ticket item?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Sceptaurus View Post
    That would work great because of all the reasons you said - however, since we already have a big AT-AT, I don't feel like it would have as much of the 'wow' factor as something like the barge, that we never got in any form. Yeah, the BAT-AT could use a few improvements, but it's still a pretty awesome toy as it is.

If we're talking ESB, a Cloud City playset would be a dream! The possibilities for vehicles are not as numerous, and yes, we do have most of the figures we would ever need to populate it, but I think in this case Hasbro could get away with several sets of re-packed figures along with a slightly re-tooled Cloud Car, though the one we have already is fine. They could go one better and update all the old figures with the new facial technology and give the Cloud Cars an updated paint scheme with better weathering, etc.
    That being said, if they went with a new AT-AT, I'd still be on board, as I'm sure many others would. The Echo Base/Hoth environment possibilities to compliment it would be more than welcome!
    Cloud City would be awesome, and it would have the 'wow factor' because (I think) there's only ever been two playsets released of Cloud City, the Vintage Sears and the POTJ carbon freezing chamber.

I think it's about time for a new AT-AT - slightly larger and with the kind of detail found on the Skiff and Barge. I also don't feel they've ever quite got it as sleek as it needs to be, previous models have both looked slightly blocky.

A while ago, I stumbled upon these Cube Art Posters for the OT and I always thought they would make absolutely perfect playsets. https://www.tiefighters.com/post/179...arvin-herbring
    Project "Ghost Stories" - Building Star Wars: Rebels Playsets: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140437
    Picture Blog: https://projectghoststories.blogspot.com/

Very unique! They’re all in one!
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrit View Post
    I think it's about time for a new AT-AT - slightly larger and with the kind of detail found on the Skiff and Barge. I also don't feel they've ever quite got it as sleek as it needs to be, previous models have both looked slightly blocky.
    On the one hand I think a slot could be better used on a piece we haven't had before, but on the other I agree that it's always looked blocky. A big and more screen accurate version that was RC would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    There is a guy doing just this on Facebook and even has a group started for it. He's trying to get HasLab's attention. The engine design he chose is really cool, it kind of rotates the LED lights to give a swirling live effect.

Yes, with the 40th coming, would love to see an Echo Base playset. I think it would only need like 4 main areas. A hangar bay that could fit a few snow speeders -removable roof and closing shield doors, a mission control with consoles, battle screens and Torryn's chair, a Wampa cave off the side for Luke to "hang" in (pun totally intended) and a med bay with exclusive TVC 2-1B figure with light-up abdomen and TVC Luke in his UnderRoos with a face scar and medical robes so you can display him in or out of the Bacta chamber. The outside could have the Ion cannon imbedded into sculpt and possibly a little trench to recreate the classic Kenner Hoth playset vibe on the outside. I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat! Would be an awesome "tryout" for the Death Star potential

Quote Originally Posted by Muftak View Post
    I have toyed with the idea of what I'd want in an Echo base playset, my brain has gone so far as to dream I've bought one at the store! In my "ideal" version, there are two levels consisting of the hangar and TaunTaun pen on the bottom and a command center on the second level, which has two hallways leading off of it (for Han and Leia to bicker in!) on either side, one goes to a med bay, the other to the ion cannon controls (with Ion Cannon on top.)

All of this is open on the back of a plastic ice glacier front that has a shield door in the center of the base, and a carved out trench area near the top with a couple of turrets and, of course, the exterior Ion Cannon extending from a hill to one side. The very top of the glacier (behind the trench, above the command center inside) would have the shield generator, which could be triggered to explode into pieces.) The TaunTaun pen would have an open door on the far side of the exterior for Han to race out of.

No Wampa Cave in my version, that would have to be a separate piece!

Still, I think Kenner really spoiled us with all the Hoth toys, and I would love to see something from the "Most Desired" list first. If we're thinking ESB for the anniversary, Cloud City has only been done as a playset in 2 small "Carbon Freezing Chamber" sets (cardboard in 1980, plastic twenty years later.) so I would go with that.
    I could really get on board with both of your ideas, and this type of setup would compel me to pay the price attached to a Haslab item. Though I'm not sure they'd truly go all out like this, hence why I suggested a small $50 Jabba's place type of set. Especially considering space can be an issue with several people. A Barge ius somehwat easy to find a place for. A sprawling network of caves with a hangar, command center taun taun pen, etc would be epic.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I could really get on board with both of your ideas, and this type of setup would compel me to pay the price attached to a Haslab item. Though I'm not sure they'd truly go all out like this, hence why I suggested a small $50 Jabba's place type of set. Especially considering space can be an issue with several people. A Barge ius somehwat easy to find a place for. A sprawling network of caves with a hangar, command center taun taun pen, etc would be epic.
    I would take an Adventure Playset type too, it just seems like isolating each scene would be a little more boring i.e. a single Wampa cave, or a Hoth control room, small hangar, med bay etc. I love the idea of all of them being together to make a cohesive unit. But I'd certainly take whatever I can get from TVC or HasLab at this point when it comes to playsets. I think Hasbro could be warming majorly to the idea because it gives them the opportunity to put out product for those specific scenes and encourage much more buying. That's smart business if you ask me. They clearly did that surrounding the release of the Sail Barge and it's worked beautifully for them and for collectors. Win Win! This maybe could irk some collectors who don't like ESB, but I can't imagine there are many of those. I think movie and even scene specific waves are the way to go if they do make a new playset.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

At this point I’d take virtually anything, but especially something ESB.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Hey guys, I wanted to share this not as a shameless plug for my own work but as a sort of proof of concept for a spherical Death Star playset. As you can see, it has all the locations we see in A New Hope, as well as Palpatine's throne room and Vader's chamber. It's also packed full of play features.

This is 36 inches in diameter, and at this size most of the rooms are undersized, which is why some of us have been saying you'd need it to be 4 or 5 feet in diameter to do all of the locations justice. Now imagine with the talent and resources of Haslab how awesome of a job they could do with something like this!

Here's a couple shots next to the barge for comparison of scale:

Would seeing a professional-quality version of this or something similar be enough to sway those on the fence about the spherical model? From what I see, most tend to have a pretty strong opinion either way, so I don't know if anyone really fits into that category. What if Haslab released something like this as a retro update for the old Palitoy set?

Dude that is incredibly inspired work! Looks totally professional, like a modern day Palitoy as you said. I can imagine a HasLab plastic version of this in a heartbeat. The only real "issue" if you can call it that would be only small ships can actually fit on that landing area. It would look awesome with a TIE Bomber in there or an Interceptor to create the hangar vibe. But if you chopped that thing in half and gave it a little more circumference, a BMF could nose into the bottom bay like it was parking. But I really like the look of the sphere now that I see it more. I imagine HasLab could cover it with the panels too so you could display them 1/4 on, 1/2 on or totally on. Just needs a turbo laser, I see you have the ignition area which is awesome. Great pics too, thanks for comparing it with the Barge. Gives a fantastic idea of scale and depth.
    Last edited by SaberSonic83; 08-25-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Thanks, SabreSonic! It fits a TIE Fighter pretty nicely, but yes, you're right about the Falcon, especially the BMF. In order to handle that, you'd almost need to go a full 5' in diameter, which would be pretty cumbersome. In that case the dome model may be the way to go. I had originally planned to have removable outer walls so you can have the exterior, as well, which is something I'm still trying to figure out how to go about. In that case I think the spherical model would be better suited, although it would still look cool with the dome. Honestly I'd be happy either way if they did something like this!
    Last edited by Darth_Sceptaurus; 08-26-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Page 199 of 216 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast