Page 190 of 199 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1987

Thread: The next big ticket item?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Brett View Post
    "Unlock one, five, seven and nine. Release charges." ((FWOOOOSHH))

Oh wow. I am definitely going to pre-order one or back that project! In a way, it's sort of cool Hasbro is allowing a third party to do this. Kind of get the best of both worlds and perhaps Hasbro would focus on another project like the cantina or more Jabba's Palace or the Ewok Village or Echo Base, etc.
    Yes, and I also think this could be a "that's cute, hold my beer" opportunity for Hasbro to do a big DS that wouldn't have the space to feature such a sizable hangar. It's very cool, I'd almost prefer Docking Bay 94 to this, but we do have the cardboard version of that available on eBay from the cardboard dude, I forget his name. Either way, it'll be an awesome set I'm sure, I own the limited set of Space Walls, and even those are cool just as really nice backdrops. I hope he does it with an appropriately glossy black floor set up. I wonder how he'll address the elevator though?
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

The "cardboard dude" is trying...though DB94 isn't available just yet. I can't wait to see the prototype of GTP's hangar, though...are we confirmed that it has a floor piece, though? My read of the article seemed to say it was going to be an L-shaped design, which I interpret as just one side of the room...?

Either way, that thing is going to be massive! Just doing this much was enough for me...

That GTP thing is a major development! It’s almost like Disney (and Hasbro) are outsourcing the big playset idea to a third party. But we should still do the Twitter and follower-adding thing to pressure Haslab. We must be loud, if not for one big playset, then for another. Polite and loud.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyShot View Post
    And here's why I don't think we're gonna see any 3.75 Hasbro Death Star Stuff (Or even maybe 6 inch either). GTP is going to do a haslab style ANH DS Hangar for 3.75

https://www.banthaskull.com/story/ne...lPlkZccgtLCR5Q

If Hasbro doesn't do some kind of mind blowing 6 inch scale haslab thing before that campaign is over, I'm all over this
    I am ALL over this if it happens.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulgah View Post
    That GTP thing is a major development! It’s almost like Disney (and Hasbro) are outsourcing the big playset idea to a third party. But we should still do the Twitter and follower-adding thing to pressure Haslab. We must be loud, if not for one big playset, then for another. Polite and loud.
    Yeah I mean, Mattel could put together a fully-scaled Castle Grayskull and now Super7 did the Snake Mountain playset, it's obvious collectors want these things. Though I'll say that those two particular items are fully based off their iconic predecessors, whereas anything Star Wars will be a new creative idea. I like that better though since it'll be something we've never seen before, outside of an Ewok Village. I think that one would be the perfect opportunity to pay homage to the original Kenner one.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Quote Originally Posted by DagMarus View Post
    I am ALL over this if it happens.
    So am I!!!! That is just what I'm after to house my BMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreworld View Post
    So am I!!!! That is just what I'm after to house my BMF.
    "I'm with you too!"

If they're made available in my neck of the woods, I'll be all over them as well.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    Yeah I mean, Mattel could put together a fully-scaled Castle Grayskull and now Super7 did the Snake Mountain playset, it's obvious collectors want these things. Though I'll say that those two particular items are fully based off their iconic predecessors, whereas anything Star Wars will be a new creative idea. I like that better though since it'll be something we've never seen before, outside of an Ewok Village. I think that one would be the perfect opportunity to pay homage to the original Kenner one.
    I was thinking about this when I was not dealing with a number of issues (one here). So anywho... I was looking at Kenner's old "Micro Series" stuff, their Death Star playset, and even Palitoy's own Death Star playset while thinking about things that today's collectors might want. And also what they managed to get. Which had me thinking, "Why don't they make a series of playsets that can interlock with each other?" You know, portions that were seen in the films and can be put together in numerous ways. It can be its own series, and even be fun for kids who actually like playing with 3 3/4" figures. Plus if they find it to be successful, it might allow them to try it with G.I.Joe figures, Transformers, and more.

So what do you think?
    Last edited by Your_Scoundrel; 07-27-2019 at 12:33 AM.
    Now selling the last of my Star Wars collection.
    PLEASE LOOK! My new one will not be this for my sanity's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Scoundrel View Post
    Which had me thinking, "Why don't they make a series of playsets that can interlock with each other?" You know, portions that were seen in the films and can be put together in numerous ways. It can be its own series, and even be fun for kids who actually like playing with 3 3/4" figures. Plus if they find it to be successful, it might allow them to try it with G.I.Joe figures, Transformers, and more.

So what do you think?
    They turn over design teams way too much, their focus switches track too often. I simply don't trust them to continue a line that requires multiple releases over time.

As a prime example, Hasbro had a lot of trouble continuing even the simple Cantina Bar sections it started, and they never really did finish it. It took a lot of vocal fans doing some serious badgering for Hasbro to finally get out the curved sections of the bar, and that was five years after the initial release. Then as fans started demanding the distillery section in the middle, big accessories went away and it never came to be.

I have been vocal about championing a "Death Star World" design for a potential Death Star HasLab project, but I would want it all made and sold together. I don't trust them to put out "this year's piece" and get to the rest in the future.

Page 190 of 199 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast