Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Klaatu - Skiff Guard - VC135

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah View Post
    A favor to ask: anyone who has this version and the old cinema scene version, could you take a side by side pic? Interested in scale difference and overall look. Thanks in advance
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Thanks pal! Glad he's a little smaller; will make the Barge look bigger by comparison
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

I just got ahold of this figure today and.... honestly, it doesn't look that good. I think Giran, from 2009, and Wooof, from 2010, were far superior figures in every way.

Klaatu Skiff is way too dirty, his paint apps are sloppy especially around his face, his skin is too bright of a green, and he has that horrible new style of hip articulation. I give it a 4 out of 10.

For comparison, I would give Giran a 10/10 and Wooof an 8/10.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Especially next to his wave mate, Yakface - he doesn't look all that great. I wouldn't rate it a 4/10...maybe a 6 - the hips, thigh cuts, and general use articulation just isn't aesthetically pleasing to me. Totally agree that some older figures look superior - Wooof is one of my absolute favorites from that line, 10/10 for me - his articulation is concealed perfectly.

I definitely think his skin was too vibrant so gave him a wash and also repainted his facial horns. I wasn't as disappointed in his weathering and the dirt and it didn't bother me really I guess. Same goes for the hips and waist joints, they don't bother me and I like how he looks overall and don't mind the new articulation. I guess if I had to rate the three Klaatoonians, I would give Giran a 10/10, Wooof a 9/10 and Klaatu an 8/10.
    Last edited by Darth_Brett; 08-26-2019 at 11:45 PM.
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122