Page 44 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

It's weird they have Owen in that scene on the box, because it's Claire and the nerdy kid are the only ones involved with that scene. I also wonder if this set doubles as the Lockwood Prison because it's got bars behind the ladder for some reason and then the blow apart wall. I don't recall a wall ever breaking in the Baryonyx scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    Aside from Jeep #12, my collection of Matchbox's Jurassic Park/World vehicles is complete; Walmart here randomly had the Unimog and the other truck (called the "Armored Action Transporter"), and I got two of each, plus another Off-Road Rescue Rig. This is awesome. I've wanted decent Jurassic Park vehicles ever since the movie movie, and while things like the Bush Devil Tracker and Jungle Explorer and Jada's JW vehicles from 2015 were okay, Matchbox's multi-vehicle line comprising all five films (except III) just really, really hits the spot.

Now, bring on that Baryonyx lava room playset!!!!

And if they do another Indominus, I'd love the I. rex supervisor for her to munch on.

We need a blue hardhatted victim to compliment the red hardhatted one(s).

And someone please tell me Roland Tembo is getting a figure. If that poser Wheatley gets one, we ought to get the real deal.
    I feel like Wheatley is solely there for antagonism, whereas Roland Tembo proved to be a real man's man and a dynamic character. He instantly regretted his previous ways of big game hunting and honorably left the InGen project. I always liked that about him.

That's something I liked about Roland. He was on the bad guy team but he wasn't a bad person. Heck, even Ludlow wasn't that horrible of a person, compared to the somewhat cartoonishly evil Mills. He even had a moment where he realized he was in the wrong ("Now you're John Hammond..."), and although he rejected his chance at redemption, at least he contemplated it briefly.

Mills and Wheatley meanwhile are just cartoonish bad guys (they try to give Mills some character development but it doesn't really take). Which is fine. I've got no problem with cartoonish bad guys. They are what they are. I just felt Ludlow and Roland were more well-rounded characters and came across like real people. The closest Fallen Kingdom gets to believable antagonist characters are Wu (thanks to B.D. Wong), who, in between his bouts of mad scientist mania, actually stood his ground against Mills' more reckless ideas, and Eversol, who, let's face it, wasn't evil, just a callous dope in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Spoiler:  
    In particular, I liked how he had no part in Lockwood's murder and in fact had no knowledge of it, and the bit with him saying Lockwood would be making a lot of money from the auction, showing he thought it was Lockwood's, not Mills', idea, and asking whether Lockwood would be attending was a nice touch, showing Mills was duping everyone, including Eversol.
    Last edited by Kooshmeister; 06-26-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

It appears to be there's right currently unaccounted for cars in Matchbox's Jurassic World line, which, according to their individual cardbacks, number eighteen:

1. Off-Road Rescue Rig
    2. Armored Action Truck
    3. Mercedes-Benz G 550
    4. Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 5020
    5. Textron Tiger (green)
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. Deep-Dive Submarine
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. Armored Action Transporter
    14. ?
    15. ?
    16. Gyrosphere
    17. Jeep Wrangler #9
    18. Textron Tiger (tan)

Any word on what vehicles 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14 and 15 will be...?

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Have you guys seen the (what seems to be) Therizinosaurus that's coming? I say seems to be because it's def. way off in accuracy if so. I mean...not that I expect perfect scientific representation from JP toys, but I at least expect a bit more than what the preliminary is. I am guessing perhaps it has teeth and the carnivore-like head to make it appear more menacing (aka more appealing to kids) rather than...well...sort of goofy like it really looked. Being probably the oddest looking creature that ever lived and relatively new-ish in discovery and marketing...I get it's kind of hard to portray in toy form. But the head of the one coming isn't even close. It's more like a raptor head on a therizino body, I hope it gets changed to a more accurate herbivore head, but I do think it will mark the first dinosaur in the history of all the JP toy lines to have full on feathers (though not enough...but still had them), not just quills.

Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-26-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Nabbed the Jeep Wrangler (big one for the figures) at Target. Great vehicle for just $15.

Got Blue at Walmart this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    Have you guys seen the (what seems to be) Therizinosaurus that's coming? I say seems to be because it's def. way off in accuracy if so. I mean...not that I expect perfect scientific representation from JP toys, but I at least expect a bit more than what the preliminary is. I am guessing perhaps it has teeth and the carnivore-like head to make it appear more menacing (aka more appealing to kids) rather than...well...sort of goofy like it really looked. Being probably the oddest looking creature that ever lived and relatively new-ish in discovery and marketing...I get it's kind of hard to portray in toy form. But the head of the one coming isn't even close. It's more like a raptor head on a therizino body, I hope it gets changed to a more accurate herbivore head, but I do think it will mark the first dinosaur in the history of all the JP toy lines to have full on feathers (though not enough...but still had them), not just quills.

Yeah I'm still scratching my head at the coloration of that Stego too. What in the heck is the point of THAT repaint? The original release is incredible, fits right in The Lost World.

I'm excited to get some new Die Cast cars if they are Legacy or something fun from JWFK.

had some fun yesterday with the Legacy JP stuff and my old JP Explorer.

Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany

2nd wave of roarivores is popping in and out of stock at Amazon for normal retail. Scored the Anylosaurus for $15 which is $3 more than Walmart but better than having to keep going in walmarts hunting for it!
    Hasbro Wishlist- ANH- Theron Nett (Red 10), ESB- Hobbie, ROTJ- Horton Salm (Grey Leader), Lt Telsj, Kier Santage
    and all the new Rogue One pilots, especially BLUE LEADER!

Page 44 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast