Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 1,521 to 1,526 of 1526

Thread: Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    Thought the extended chase down Main Street/attempted helicopter rescue at the beginning was pretty sweet...

I'd buy a set with Rexy, chopper and Jack (raincoat merc).
    Ah yes, I totally forgot that part. Actually my favorite part of the whole movie, it felt like the original and the CGI looked great, probably because it was in the night and in the rain, just like the original as well. It helps to hide the imperfections, but also they did a great job lighting the dinosaur too which made it look so much more believable. The movie went downhill from there lol
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    Ah yes, I totally forgot that part. Actually my favorite part of the whole movie, it felt like the original and the CGI looked great, probably because it was in the night and in the rain, just like the original as well. It helps to hide the imperfections, but also they did a great job lighting the dinosaur too which made it look so much more believable. The movie went downhill from there lol
    Agreed- that was an epic opening scene and my favorite of all five Jurassic films.

As for the SDCC reveals, nothing overly thrills me but there are still somethings I'm excited for. I'm a Carno fan so another Carno is good by me. A Edmontosaurus (named after the capital city in my province), and a proper Sinoceratops. I'll be picking all three of those up.

I appreciate the humans as much as the dinosaurs and I get more impatient as time goes on with absolutely no new humans. If they stick with Jurassic World alone we still need Hoskins and one or two of his mercs, Wu, and Masrani. And we all know the list of characters from the original trilogy is long and in bad need of attention. They scratched Hammond off- sort of- but being an exclusive it barely counts.

The Amber Collection feels underwhelming. Other than the JP Velociraptor the other figures were previously revealed at least years SDCC. At the very least they could have added in a couple packaged samples as well. I fear with this becoming a Game Stop exclusive the line was rapidly downsized to accommodate. And at $24.99 for Ian and $29.99 for the Raptor, that is going to be an expensive line to collect. I'm on the fence.
    Black Series Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Cad Bane, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook

In the Pixel Dan video the Mattel guy mentioned the Battle Damage Spino will be at Walmart this Fall.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    I honestly have very little interest in any of those new dinos that we can see in that silhouette. I think they've severely gone overboard on the dinos. We need more HUMANS and more LEGACY, not a bunch of new dinos that have never been seen in a film whatsoever. I get that some are in JP lore or video games, but that's not really that important to me personally. Now if they did a throwback to Trespasser the video game, maybe it would perk my interest, but what this shows me is that they think the dinos are more important than the human characters, which has never been the case. Granted, Rexy will probably always be the most popular of any Jurassic line, but the humans are what made us compelled to love the older movies. They can show dinos all day like in Fallen Kingdom and it was still a crappy movie. While it was cool to see such variety in dinos, it got a little convoluted. Stiggy proved to be a star, but outside of that and the Indo/Blue battle, was there any other really memorable part? I don't know, they already covered that darn Baryonyx 3 times now - it's just overkill.

We get ONE new Legacy figure and 17 new dinos that aren't even in the films? That part is just severely frustrating as an OG Jurassic Park fan. They should have had better balance in this line from the start. Far less dinos, far more human characters and vehicles at each release and a playset or two mixed in. They went far too heavy on the dinos. I don't see the future as very bright, just a ton of repacks.
    I mean...I agree and respectfully disagree at the same time. While I absolutely and totally feel the line needs more human figures and vehicles, it totally needs a better balance, particularly from the original movie, I do think the heart and soul of the JP films is totally the dinosaurs. I love the human characters, particularly Ian Malcolm, but without the dinosaurs you don't have a film...let alone a franchise. So I wouldn't say the humans were what compelled love for the original films at all. I mean upon initial release in 93, everyone was talking about the dinosaurs...not the actors. But I do feel it was a perfect blending of amazing dinosaurs AND actors/roles. The dinosaurs are the meat and potatoes of the line. They're what really sells. Sure WE want characters like Lex, Tim, Roland, etc. But do kids? Dinosaurs also have multiple appeal, as even if you don't care about Jurassic Park, just general generic dinosaurs sell. Kids LOVE dinosaurs, there's just a natural appeal. So I think that's why the focus is on dinosaurs, even ones not from the films. Me personally, I like getting non-film based dinosaurs. The line always did that. It sparks imagination, what if stories, basically allowed you as a child to create your own expanded universe. Personally, I like that. In bed at night as a kid I ALWAYS wondered what OTHER dinosaurs might have been on the island. But that's me. But I will also agree, though I actually did enjoy Fallen Kingdom, I can't deny it's a guilty pleasure. It's not a great film. But I also disagree in the sense that not many dinosaur moments were memorable. Heck, I thought the ONLY memorable stuff were the dinosaur moments. One not mentioned was the Carnotaurus scene. While I will say it was terribly underutilized, I was just so thrilled to see one. Also, though not an action scene, the Brachiosaurus scenes also really stood out to me.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 07-20-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

What I really loved about the Carno scene was that it's a dinosaur featured in the second novel, along with two sought after toys from the JP toyline and TLW toyline. I think the filmmakers realized that the Carno has a place in Jurassic lore outside of the movies and it was total fan service on their part adding the species to Fallen Kingdom. I won't forget how excited I got watching the first trailer and seeing the Carno roar on screen.
    Black Series Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Cad Bane, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    What I really loved about the Carno scene was that it's a dinosaur featured in the second novel, along with two sought after toys from the JP toyline and TLW toyline. I think the filmmakers realized that the Carno has a place in Jurassic lore outside of the movies and it was total fan service on their part adding the species to Fallen Kingdom. I won't forget how excited I got watching the first trailer and seeing the Carno roar on screen.
    TOTALLY MY REACTION TOO! We've wanted the Carno, really, ever since the JP Kenner line first introduced it. Then the Lost World novel had them as an absolutely featured dinosaur. Very relevant! An entire action beat was dedicated to them. Then the film came out and honestly, I was let down by their exclusion. So I totally agree, life-long JP fans have DREAMED of the Carno showing up in the franchise. The film always seemed to steer away from medium sized carnivores and I never understood why, even the Dilo (which was a medium sized in the novel) is a juvenile in the film. Did they feel it would somehow take away from the Rex's intimidation? The only one I can think of before Fallen Kingdom is the Ceratosaurus, which is basically just a glorified cameo in a gag scene. It was played for laughs, not scares. But I always felt, personally, the potentially more frightening carnivores are the medium scaled. They have the size factor that things like the compy or raptor lack, but they also have the ability to fit into places that a Rex or Spino cannot so it's not easy to hide from them either. It's win-win. I've wanted, for eons it feels like, Carnotaurus and Allosaurus. Now I will say, I was somewhat disappointed by how they were used in Fallen Kingdom, but I was just SO thrilled they were finally included at all that I let it pass. I REALLY want an entire action scene dedicated to either the Carno or Allo in the next film. Now Baryonyx though is another longtime want for fans, which it did get a featured scene dedicated entirely to, and that I really enjoyed....despite the totally suspension of disbelief you have to roll with due to the lava. Fallen Kingdom may not be a phenomenal movie, but it has a fantastic dream cast of dinosaurs for long-time JP fans.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 07-20-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153