Page 144 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1512

Thread: Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Are there pictures of this cancelled Dilophosaurus?
    I'm pretty sure the pictures I'm seeing when I search, aren't the one you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Goji View Post
    Are there pictures of this cancelled Dilophosaurus?
    I'm pretty sure the pictures I'm seeing when I search, aren't the one you guys are talking about.
    This is the cancelled Legacy Collection Dilo:

Black Series Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Cad Bane, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    This is the cancelled Legacy Collection Dilo:

Aside from the squirting feature, it looks the same as the one that came in the Dr. Grant dino-pack, except it has brown on it's back instead of green.
    Isn't the green on the back more film accurate?
    Last edited by King_Goji; 06-19-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Now that Dilophosaur I would have totally bought. I will say though, I don't care for the fact that Mattel makes the frill non-removable on all the Dilophosaurus. That's because a steady trend with the franchise. The Lockwood manor stuffed Dilo has the frill fairly visible, Jurassic World Evolution has their Dilo with a frill much the same. I like it much more when it's not extended, it's essentially hidden.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Huzzah!

"I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

^ Nice find Koosh.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Goji View Post
    Aside from the squirting feature, it looks the same as the one that came in the Dr. Grant dino-pack, except it has brown on it's back instead of green.
    Isn't the green on the back more film accurate?
    It looks similar, but the one that came in the Grant multipack is smaller. It's Attack Pack size while this is Savage Strike size.

Speaking of which, I've been trying to find that particular Dilo but no luck. I can't find it as a single, and even the multipack is pretty expensive. Anyone got any leads?
    Last edited by Hell_Hawk_33; 06-19-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Black Series Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Cad Bane, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    Now that Dilophosaur I would have totally bought. I will say though, I don't care for the fact that Mattel makes the frill non-removable on all the Dilophosaurus. That's because a steady trend with the franchise. The Lockwood manor stuffed Dilo has the frill fairly visible, Jurassic World Evolution has their Dilo with a frill much the same. I like it much more when it's not extended, it's essentially hidden.
    Agreed on the frill. That's why THIS is still the best JP Dilo toy ever produced. I'm fortunate to have one loose and one MIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    Agreed on the frill. That's why THIS is still the best JP Dilo toy ever produced. I'm fortunate to have one loose and one MIP.
    o
    That is the very first Jurassic Park toy I ever got. My mom got it for me on a summer trip to the local Ames department store. They went out of business quite some time ago now. I didn't really know what the frill piece was at the time, I hadn't seen the film yet (it may not have even come out yet) so when I saw it I thought it was some sort of slab of meat for the dinosaur to eat. Hah!

I specifically didn't get the attack pack Dilophosaurus because I was holding out for the squirting one, but it just disappeared for quite some time and I recall everyone even thinking it cancelled. But then it re-appeared, but with that downright hideous Barney-purple deco. I have zero interest in it now. It has to be THE worst paint job of them all. But that's the thing...it's not the attack pack version. It's a unique sculpt. I'm just hoping they wise up and release the green deco version. I know multiple people who would be interested.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Just bought that and the electronic raptor for great prices last summer and both have electronics that still worked. Those shrill screams are so iconic and burned into my childhood lol - they weren't even mine, they were my friend's, but I played with them all the time over at his house and was enamored. He was rich and had pretty much every JP figure and vehicle they made in Series I and II including the Demon, Trackers and Evil Raiders.

Today I found the Battle at Big Rock dinos. The Walmart had two of each Nasutoceratops and Allosaurus. I bought the Allo, I love blue as a color and this one has some cool combinations. I like the rubberized spikes on his/her spine. I'm lucky too because the first one had a mouth that wouldn't close. I almost ironically wanted it for this because I hate the look of the open mouth Dinos. Mattel stupidly designs them with mouths open that close instead of the other way around. However, I wanted a strong mechanism and the 2nd that was on top of the shelves had that, just a crappier box. I also got around to finally opening the JPIII Raptor, Tapejara and Dimetrodon. They are all 3 some of my current favorites. At least they are original and not repacks, even the raptor that uses a pre-made body has an all new head.

The cards that come with them are surprisingly flimsy and really hard to get off the packaging inside the folds. Kind of annoying when you want to keep them straight and mint and NOT damage the packaging, which is pretty much impossible. Anyhow, I dig the card art, it's definitely dynamic and original, but they should have used actual cardstock and not that flimsy junk they chose.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6kUtH87UU

Brachiosaurus review. Man it's gorgeous. This will def. become my favorite in my collection.

Page 144 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast