Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Kessel Run Millennium Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    They should have used TFA falcon as a base. Once you look past the nerf feature, TFA Falcon is a fantastic TOY. It rides that middle ground of being a fun toy size and at the same time isnt so small it’s annoying. It has an interior hold that’s better designed than the vintage/potf2/otc and the cockpit can seat two.

Retool TFA mold to allow for removable panels, escape pod, new electronics. It could have been a lot nicer. And TFA mold is roughly the same size as the vintage mold.
    Owning both of those the Falcons I can't see a realistic way they could have retrofit the TFA Falcon to do what the SOLO Falcon does. I prefer the SOLO one over the TFA one anyway as far as a toys go. Neither really displays well.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    Owning both of those the Falcons I can't see a realistic way they could have retrofit the TFA Falcon to do what the SOLO Falcon does. I prefer the SOLO one over the TFA one anyway as far as a toys go. Neither really displays well.
    I was thinking retool in the way they have retooled stuff in the past. Look at the OTC mold for example. Yes itís based on the previous molds but they made some significant changes to it. Not just covering stuff up but hacking parts out of the old design. I just know the vintage mold is gone and the TFA mold exists. Size wise it made a lot more sense to start with that model, smooth it all out in a way that allows for the SOLO features.

Iím honestly surprised no one has tried to make a solo falcon out of TFA, vintage or the BMF.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    I agree with you about the price point but to say it has no play value isn't really fair. My kids have not put this thing down since we got it before Christmas. It had tons of play value (even though it might not appeal to collectors). Play value for me is having a quality and film accurate ship to display my figures around. Play value for my kids is a toy (remember it's a TOY) that makes noise when it flys, has parts that fly off of it, it rumbles, it fits Lando, Chewie and Han in it, has a removable mini ship etc etc. It has tons of play value. My son has been plugging the coaxium into the any part of the ship that it will fit it and yelling "Punch it!" while flying it around our playroom chasing his sister. The other day I caught him playing out the scene from ESB where Chewie is repairing the Falcon in Echo Base with every astromech Droid we own on top of the ship helping. He has seen that scene maybe 2-3 times. For a child, which is the intended audience, it's a great toy with tons of play value...but it's also extremely over priced. It's a shame too because a lot of kids are missing out on a really fun toy.
    that's Awesome... I love reading posts like this where it's about the kids having fun with the toy and less about the collector's complaining about the toy. We need more of these and we also need to remember that Hasbro is not making the stuff for us as adults and collectors but rather for the kids who find the joy of playing with it.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

I just bought it for $25 on clearance. For the fun features that it DOES possess, I think it's a decently fair price for it. I just want to park it outside the gate that came with the Conveyex playset. The sounds and lights are definitely fun, just wish it could have been bigger, cockpit for 2 (an absolute MUST at this point in 2019, I mean come on) and actual play areas in the back section.

At minimum you need a 2-figure cockpit, retractable landing gear, opening/closing ramp, and lights for the main engine. That should be the mandatory requirements for any Falcon toy.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    At minimum you need a 2-figure cockpit, retractable landing gear, opening/closing ramp, and lights for the main engine. That should be the mandatory requirements for any Falcon toy.
    After playing with this thing, it feels like it was meant for a kid to play with it much as HothHan described previously with his own kids. I think that having Han and a opening cockpit was almost an afterthought. This ship is quite scene specific, so much so that they called it the "Kessel Run Falcon". That says a lot about where their design mentality was at. Then someone came in late in the game and said, "wait, what? There is no space for figures in this? Give it a seat in the cockpit". The "play" areas are hardly deep enough for a character's ankles let alone their whole bodies. Again, probably an afterthought once the very fun blow-off panels and lights were planned out.

I have to say, in the spirit of the scene, for $25 clearanced, this thing is A LOT of fun. It seems they think since the movie is about SOLO that all anyone cared about was Han, so they threw his figure in. Yet, the ship itself featured Lando as a pilot and his droid, and also Chewie as a co-pilot. To NOT have a second seat available and enough room for at least 2 figures was a MAJOR oversight by any stretch. I hope in the future that Hasbro doesn't do "scene" specific vehicles and again and simply takes care of any given scene within the vehicle. We obviously got a lot scenes from the interior of the Falcon. I found it a bummer that even the gun can't swivel around, nor does the entrance ramp come down.

Unfortunately, they used the front "landing" gear as an activation feature for all the effects and the landing sound. It starts the whole cycle. I think it's fun, but they could have used some sort of distance sensor instead that can tell when the ship is lifted off a surface. That way, we could at least get some retractable landing gears that actually work. I think some iconic yellow decor on the interior would have helped make this ship perfect. It just needs to be bigger all around, Han isn't even scaled to it.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415