Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chewbacca - HS

This gun is so much cooler than the bowcaster.

Blasphemy...I know.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    This gun is so much cooler than the bowcaster.

Blasphemy...I know.
    Wow, that does look good, reminds me a bit of an M60.

Couple questions from the 5POA-is-not-OK gallery:
    1 - Will this mold fit in the Scout Walker? I wasted $60 MSRP on a walker that seemingly will not fit a single modern Chewie.
    2 - Any bandolier interchangability with either the CW or the TLJ Chewies?
    "The truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Ben Kenobi
    If Disney truly wants series to succeed, it will put the shows on basic cable. I will not pay extra on an already high monthly cable bill to watch one show on one network.

Has anyone else found it difficult-impossible to get this Chewie (the 5POA, not HothHan's awesome custom) to hold his gosh darn blaster? I bent his four fingers back to the point there's a stress line in the plastic if you look at the palm of his hand, and it still doesn't stay.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    Has anyone else found it difficult-impossible to get this Chewie (the 5POA, not HothHan's awesome custom) to hold his gosh darn blaster? I bent his four fingers back to the point there's a stress line in the plastic if you look at the palm of his hand, and it still doesn't stay.
    I broke a few Vintage Collection releases back in the day trying to force stuck joints so I'm terrified to even get to that point; I see no concievable way to fit the blaster in his hands. I have Mimban Chewbacca holding it for now and I'll figure something else out but imo it's an incredible lazy oversight.
    Retired from Star Wars, collecting and all, but I stop by RS, JTA, JB, etc. every once in a while for a dose of nostalgia.

Mine can't hold his rifle either. Why is it that some figures (most SA Stormtroopers) have one hand that is seemingly made out of steel?

Yeah, you'd think that no one plays with these things during product testing...

Are they hiring?!

I think it's due to Hasbro sculpting the hand to look like it isn't specific to doing one thing. back in the day it was sculpted to just hold the blaster, and even then didn't do a very good job of it. Then about the time of the PT, they started making the hands look like their pointing, while being able to hold a weapon. Or actually being able to use the trigger figure, which I'm about 50/50 on. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

What really annoys me is that one hand is like the steel you mention, while the other one is too pliable and won't hold anything. Or is sculpted wide open rendering it useless.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123