Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Han Solo W/Force Link 2.0 Starter Pack

$7 today at Wal-mart. I got it mainly for the figure, but I wanted to play around with it. Sadly it only works with the figure it came with out of the box.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    $7 today at Wal-mart. I got it mainly for the figure, but I wanted to play around with it. Sadly it only works with the figure it came with out of the box.
    you have to update the Forcelink to 2.0. and than it should work for all the Solo figures. not sure if the TLJ figures will work with it though. Hasbro really screwed up with the Forcelink stuff. Hopefully EP IX will not be forcelink and will just be figures with actual movie accurate accessories not like the BAW's from TFA
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I picked one up last night for the same reason. Haven't fooled around with it yet.

I picked this up as well, but really for the Force Link device. I picked up 2 so I can have a spare. I figure years from now it will be handy to have them to try out on various figures and vehicles. I guess I should at least open them and update them now. I assume the app won't be there forever.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

$7, yeah, Iíll snag this after work today. Thatís a price I can get on board with.

Force link was a neat idea I just wish it had been more fun. I get it that the original was meant to mimic the beacons Rey and Leia are wearing in TLJ, thus it's worn on the wrist, but this limits the usefulness of the device. It's awkward, even if you're just holding it. A blaster or a mini-lightsaber would've had more appeal and easier to use. (If this were Harry Potter, a wand would be a perfect instrument for this kind of technology.) I also find the sounds and phrases don't cycle every time. I'd prefer to get each sound in a sequence.

Maybe someday they add a gimmick that is actually cool. BAD was awesome. ROTS had excellent stands that worked on their own, but could also be combined together. I would, in fact, trade in all the sound chips and weapon building whatevers for an equal amount of stands.

Yeesh... So I just finished setting this up, after over an hour of updating. It feels like a good idea that they wayyy over engineered. There's no reason I can think of that at the very least all the sounds through the Solo line couldn't have come pre-loaded. I can only imagine John Q Public trying to set this thing up for their kid on xmas day.
    Wearing it on the wrist IS a little awkward, mostly due to the hinged part. The 'specific motions' to get sounds thing is just awful. At best I can get one to two of them to work. Sound quality is pretty good though.
    In the end I think they should have done something a little more akin to commtech. Just have a base the figure stands on with a button to cycle through the different clips.

I look forward to fiddling with it for another day or so... then taking the batteries out and putting it away until it winds up in a mixed lot on ebay.

And for those keeping score, my Wampa and Probe Droid both make the appropriate sounds. Even if I can't get them to each do ALL their sounds.

Wow, you win the clearance wars!

Anyone knows if it is possible in any way to choose the language I want my figures to speak? I live in Russia and have a collection of Rey 3.75 figures and I saw this force link set on sale and decided to pick it up. I downloaded app before buying it and saw that there is an option to change language and decided that bracelet is going to download phrases in the language that is selected in the app. Both my android and app was set to english, update was successful but the bracelet still speaks russian.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112