Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Range Trooper - #64

The boots have to have a purpose, or else how would the actors get around in them!

I'm not a fan. Nor was I a fan of any of the troopers in the sequel trilogy. Rogue One troopers on the other hand were amazing and I couldn't get enough of 'em! I guess it just comes down to personal preference, but I'm saving all over the place with most of the newer designs that I just find unappealing. I'm happy these are a hit with some collectors though!
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The boots are retractable snowshoes.
    I've seen this claim a couple times now, is there a source for this or just speculation?
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    I've seen this claim a couple times now, is there a source for this or just speculation?
    Just guessing it's the most logical conclusion. I mean, despite looking like a morphed Power Ranger, there must be some purpose to THIS. Who would be willingly wearing these unless there is some specific purpose, giving them advantge in a particular terrain/situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_F View Post
    I'm not a fan. Nor was I a fan of any of the troopers in the sequel trilogy. Rogue One troopers on the other hand were amazing and I couldn't get enough of 'em! I guess it just comes down to personal preference, but I'm saving all over the place with most of the newer designs that I just find unappealing. I'm happy these are a hit with some collectors though!
    Wholeheartedly agree with you here. Rogue One trooper variants felt like the "fit" into the Star Wars aesthetic. This...thing - na.

Looks like a well done figure of a design nobody likes. I’m into OT figures mostly anyway so anything “new” is taking the slot of a possible OT figure, but I get it...new entertainment etc.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

It's safe to assume they are just snowshoes of some sort, for what looks to be a very cold-weather trooper.

Yeah, but snow shoes are lightweight. Those things have to weigh a ton!
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Looks like they stuck a hovertank pilot's head on a Snowtrooper's body and put a fur coat around him. I am on the fence with this one. I will have to see it in hand.

Just a note to the guys saying this isn't very OT/Empire, keep in mind, this is very early into Imperial reign, I'd say about 10 years since they at least have TIE Fighters. But I'm surprised for all the RO trooper love. Yeah they're cool, but I don't find them to be worth say, massive army building (then again, I'm not an army builder). I'm certainly more excited for Solo than I was for RO because they have me sold on the aesthetics and heist plot alone (I liked Rogue One but I think it didn't know what it wanted to be: war film, or classic Star Wars story) but that's just my silly opinion!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast