Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Game of ... Wars?!?

Ruin Johnson. Really? Name calling?
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Bye bye all! I may still peak in the Merch section.

Quote Originally Posted by Prequellover View Post
    Ruin Johnson. Really? Name calling?

Oh for heck’s sake...it’s a joke. It’s not like he said “Rian Johnson is a #%€$&!”

I find it odd that they announced this now...? It feels way to early. We are JUST getting Han Solo, we are getting Episode 9...they already made a “Coming one day” announcement with the Johnson trilogy. Now this? Why the urgency?

Its like a person tells his friends he’s getting a new dog next week, and shows them a picture of the puppy....and then announces, he plans on meeting a woman, having 3 kids, buying a house...and a new car, and putting in a swimming pool. I’d be asking “that all sounds great....is everything alright?”

This just feels a little over ambitious and erratic.

Like when they announced there would be a Johnson Triology BEFORE audiences had seen TLJ and could react to his film making. Even if you have the outmost confidence in Rian Johnson....does it make sense to announce he’s making THREE more Star Wars movies...BEFORE his FIRST Star Wars movie hits theaters?

My question is why? Why risk it? Why ? What’s the benefit of not waiting to see how people react to Rian Johnson’s first Star Wars movie before telling them you are giving him three more?

What’s the benefit of announcing even more Star Wars films on top of the coming 5 that are coming?

why do this during Han Solo promotion...when the movie will be here in about 3 months????
    Last edited by Julythrunov; 02-06-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Game of Thrones is a great show and those guys have proved themselves good at adapting good source material but I'm not sold on them creating new material...

Intriguing, to say the least...

Gotta admit: if the announcement was for George R R Martin writing new SW material, my interest would be even more piqued!

Quote Originally Posted by Co_Jo_Dai View Post
    Game of Thrones is a great show and those guys have proved themselves good at adapting good source material but I'm not sold on them creating new material...
    Aside from one episode of It's Always Sunny... the only thing they've worked on together is GoT. Weiss hasn't done anything else on his own, and Benioff's biggest project was X-Men Origins: Wolverine...

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    Like when they announced there would be a Johnson Triology BEFORE audiences had seen TLJ and could react to his film making. Even if you have the outmost confidence in Rian Johnson....does it make sense to announce he’s making THREE more Star Wars movies...BEFORE his FIRST Star Wars movie hits theaters?

My question is why? Why risk it? Why ? What’s the benefit of not waiting to see how people react to Rian Johnson’s first Star Wars movie before telling them you are giving him three more?
    I think that the whole stunt was to set up TLJ for a big opening week. They knew what they had on their hands and they knew they needed to earn a return on it FAST, before word of mouth spread. They announced Johnson would be getting his own trilogy before fans could see his work to instill confidence in prospective ticket buyers and get them to go in early. It was a marketing decision... meant to get fans to think, "If Disney is so confident in this writer/director wunderkind that they're giving him his own trilogy, I should be just as confident!" It worked too, as TLJ has one of the biggest front-loaded box offices and dropoffs of all time.

Don't be surprised if the Johnson trilogy gets delayed, downsized, and silently cancelled somewhere down the line. Disney already got what they needed out of the announcement.
    Last edited by ozzfan84; 02-06-2018 at 07:48 PM.

I am happy about it (shrugs).
    I am member number 666. Execute order 66!

TBH, I don't know anything about Game of Thrones. never seen it, so I don't know if this news is good or bad. Because in all Honesty, they could get Micheal Bay to direct, and the Movies would still make lots of Money! Just like prior Star Wars and Transformer movies. As long as that continues, there's no real need to make a great/riveting story.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I'm not sure how their style will fit with SW, but they do an amazing job with GoT, so I do like the hire. I have a lot more confidence in them than Rian Johnson, who has already failed miserably. I think it's safe to say their movies will be better. I do agree however that things are getting a bit oversaturated. They should just fire Rian and focus on Benioff and Weiss' movies.
    Last edited by HaloHawk87; 02-06-2018 at 11:29 PM.
    "I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

Well at least these guys have a quality pedegree. Although what worries me is that they didn't write GOT, they had RR Martin doing most of the creative work, and in the last season or 2 where they haven't been able to base everything on very detailed & successful books and have had to use more of their own creativity the seasons haven't been as good, especially Season 7 of GOT. But they do know how to do quality casting and make believable worlds on film with good FX, costumes, and quality production overall.
    What, me worry?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast