Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: WIP : BTTF DeLorean Time Machine

Thats it for the original run of 130 issues. I am still undecited if I want to continue for 30 more issues to build the emergency time circuit, the railtracks and the trainwheels.
    On one side, the "inner completist" is screaming "YEEESSSSS !!!!" ( like with the ´55 tires ), but I also know, I will NEVER change the display from my originaly planed "first appearance" version

Anyway, I will drop in with a final gallery in a few days, I just want to wait for the delivery for yet another mod, sets of in-scale "micro-cable-ties" to give it that special extra look

Keep checking

The awaited "Mini Cable Ties" from Mr. Mike Lane arrived, and .... man... these ARE mini. I would even say they are MICRO or NANO
    This will definatly be a fidly mod.
    I originaly wanted white ones, but they were OOS, so I went for the black ones instead of waiting for a future restock. Just paint them white after installing and ...voila

Just for info, for you non-european followers, our 1 cent coin has a diameter of about 16 mm

Last edited by Real_Scooby; 08-06-2019 at 11:21 AM.

#Mounting the Micro Cable Ties

When I ordered them, I thought.. "This will be a quick add-on and be done in a few minutes"

YaaaPPP !! Took me about three days, 2 hours each
    Really felt like a surgeon, working with two pointy tweezers, a big magnifier with build in light, and a smaller LED Flashlight holding with the mouth first... but changed to a head light when I started to drool up everything

and comparsion finished driver side vs. untouched passenger side

added the ties all around the car, including a few to the interrior cables. Unfortunatly I am not able to tie the cable directly behind the windshield. No way to reach them without scratching the glas inside. It would be needed to dismount everything again wich I am definatly NOT doing.
    Altough these are really working ties, I also left the wire twistys on to support them here and there. Just painted all white and it looks good to me as it is.
    Last edited by Real_Scooby; 09-14-2019 at 12:10 AM.

The WHOLE vehicle is now weathered up, more visible on the black areas, but altough the stainless panels might look untouched, I also wiped them with a realy, realy, REEEEEAAAAALY thin black-wash.

Unfortunatly the engine bay is no longer accessable without disassemble parts of the rear machinery.
    Ok.... now...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN !!!
    After 1 year and 8 months in build, doing numerous custom upgrades, we have reached the end of the journey and I invite you to see the final gallery !!

Part 1:
    with without lights

Part II : Lights on

Last edited by Real_Scooby; 09-14-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Part IV:

And on display, togther with the smaller brothers

Vitesse 1:48 Coupe
    Vitesse 1:48 1955
    Vitesse 1:48 1885
    Sunstar 1:18 Coupe
    Sunstar 1:18 2015 ( not shown here as its stored away until I get a new 1:18 case )

The next logical size would be 1:1 now

So, thats it. The ride is over.... for now. I am still undecited if I want to get through 30 more issues. While I like to have to option to change for any other version, you noticed, both the Mr. Fusion and the set of 55 tires are already stored away.

Thank you everyone for following, your comments and input

to be continued... maybe
    Last edited by Real_Scooby; 09-14-2019 at 03:35 PM.

The finished model is an incredible work of art. Well done!!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516