Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: WIP : BTTF DeLorean Time Machine

#Extra

Although I got the official display base from Eaglemoss months ago, I left it packaged and wrapped until now. With the help of the Mrs., my dad managed to sneak into my workshop and took some measurements from it, only to surprise me with this

Its professianl made out of 6mm fishtank-glass from a local glass shop. Thank you Dad
    It fits perfectly inside the EM base.

Buuuuuuut...... when I unpacked that base, it was the first time during this build, that I am pretty disapointed.
    ALL frame part are sitting loose on the inserted bottom. Not a single sign of a little drop of glue anywhere. The mirror is JUST some mirror foil.
    And although there where corner covers attached, all four corners look like this

That display base is no way worth the 60.- EM is asking for, IMO not even 25.-

Anyway, as mentioned its already months ago since I recieved it ( I should have checked it instandly ) I wont go through the trouble again to get another replacement. Thats right, this IS already a replacement, as the very first was lost in mail somewhere between UK and Austria.
    I will try to repair the damage or maybe just hide it with some metal corner covers or something.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415