Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle on Crait Battlepack

Quote Originally Posted by indysolo007 View Post
    Rey spent all of 4 seconds on the surface of Crait. I love how Hasbro can’t even decide how create these insignificant variants. 6 inch Crait Rey has red dust on the base and this version has white dust on the boots.
    That would be called "LUCASFILM SECRECY" at work.

Hasbro developed this set at least a year ago. How much of the movie do you think was actually revealed to the design team at Hasbro? In the past they admitted that the first time they saw Luke Skywalker on Ahch-To was when they saw THE FORCE AWAKENS in the theater. Luke Skywalker's Force projection was likely another one of those closely guarded secrets. As for Rey on Crait? That was a costume design that Lucasfilm was okay with revealing. The same goes for the First Order Gunner, the Snowtrooper and Rose.

Luke versus Kylo Ren was simply too big of a reveal to risk in a set like this. We learned from a toy release back in 2002 that Anakin Skywalker was going to lose an arm in AOTC. Lucasfilm learned their lesson from things like that.

I hate to be so negative but I really think you are too optimistic about TVC line. It may not even be around by Ep9 if the first repack wave proves the major disaster we all anticipate.
    Be negative. That's your prerogative. I've frankly grown incredibly tired of the negativity and toxicity that exists in both the fan and collecting communities. And I refuse to become part of the "get off my lawn" sort of crowd that is a growing part of SW fandom.

And then re-read my comments: I would rather get a Force projection of Luke Skywalker in the TVC line than as a 5 POA figure in the TLJ line. Seeing how the TLJ line is ending, and Luke was probably kept as a big secret by Lucasfilm? I would not expect Hasbro to have ANY sort of Force projection Luke ready to go to market until at least December of this year, if not later. And again, with the longer gap between the line for SOLO and the line for Episode 9, there will be some breathing room for Hasbro to tackle some characters that might have been done a disservice by the secrecy and the short time span between movies. So let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklab View Post
    Be negative. That's your prerogative. I've frankly grown incredibly tired of the negativity and toxicity that exists in both the fan and collecting communities. And I refuse to become part of the "get off my lawn" sort of crowd that is a growing part of SW fandom.

And then re-read my comments: I would rather get a Force projection of Luke Skywalker in the TVC line than as a 5 POA figure in the TLJ line. Seeing how the TLJ line is ending, and Luke was probably kept as a big secret by Lucasfilm? I would not expect Hasbro to have ANY sort of Force projection Luke ready to go to market until at least December of this year, if not later. And again, with the longer gap between the line for SOLO and the line for Episode 9, there will be some breathing room for Hasbro to tackle some characters that might have been done a disservice by the secrecy and the short time span between movies. So let's wait and see.
    Don’t get me wrong, I really really hope you turn out to be right and would love the figures you mention. I just feel Hasbro is making some poor decisions over the last few years and it seems to be getting worse. I’ll have my fingers crossed for a robust TVC line filled with our wish lists though (I’ll try that optimism thing).

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi Battle on Crait 3 3/4-Inch Action Figure Set includes 4 action figures: Rey (Jedi Apprentice, salt on boots), First Order Snowtrooper, First Order Gunner, and Rose (Crait Poncho.)
    Utter crap. What are Hasbro thinking? Another Rose and another Rey.....

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus_Man View Post
    Utter crap. What are Hasbro thinking? Another Rose and another Rey.....
    The Rey is meh at best... just a minor paint variation, the Rose looks to be an all new figure as she's wearing the FO uniform pants and perhaps just a standard Resistance shirt similar to the one both Finn and Poe wear, and the poncho looks new too. The Snowtrooper is a repaint and the Imperial Gunner is at least a new figure.

is the set great by any means..... not really as I would have preferred Crait Luke but either way I'll pick up the set just for the troopers and Rose...

hopefully Rey also has the lightsaber damage on her arm as well.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

I'll admit I'm a bit of an apologetic about the Last Jedi and the Force Awakens lines and modern 5POA but this 4 pack is absolute trash.
    Salt-licker guy from Crait deserves a figure.
    He made the ultimate sacrifice, licking that dirt to find out what it was. We should respect and honor him with an action figure.
    ~~Rose Tico focus collector~~

Don’t get me wrong, I really really hope you turn out to be right and would love the figures you mention. I just feel Hasbro is making some poor decisions over the last few years and it seems to be getting worse. I’ll have my fingers crossed for a robust TVC line filled with our wish lists though (I’ll try that optimism thing).
    I think the problems that we've been largely dealing with have been predicated on the aggressive film release schedule. During the Lucas era of the films, there was always a 3 year gap between films. That was important not just for the production of the films, but it gave the merchandising for each film time to breathe.

The current tempo of a film a year with Christmas releases? Combined with the current level of secrecy to combat social media leaks? Hasbro is just dealing with the fallout from that. We used to start getting the first hints of a toy line revealed at Toy Fair in February. The line would launch in April. The movie would be released in May. And the line could run comfortably all the way through the holidays, and you would see a depth in character selection that gave the line the kind of diversity that made it rich and great to collect.

IMHO, I think Disney should probably consider spacing out the movies a bit more, and opt for going back to May releases. I think it would benefit them AND their business partners to a better degree.

May the fourth be with us!
    Make it an (un)official holiday. Movie release, toy/media release... Fat (meant to write Fast there!) Food Franchise fun.
    Make it the Superbowl of movies.

The Crait 4 pack is very underwhelming for my purposes. Only the gunner seems interesting to me.

What a huge disappointment the Crait pack turned out to be. No Luke, no Leia with blaster, no Connix, not even a good repack like the leather jacket Poe. Rose looks decent, but so unnecessary. The others don't interest me, not even the new troop - would have preferred a new Resistance member, like Connix. I would have originally bought this the day of release, now its clearance fodder.

Well I like troops and the Rose looks new, so this set is alright. Couldn't care less about Salt Foot Rey and would've rather had Projection Luke. Maybe we'll get some resistance troops in some 2 packs this year.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast