Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle on Crait Battlepack

Quote Originally Posted by jonwes View Post
    That is such an awful 4-pack.

Sub Rey with Crait Luke.
    Sub Rose with Holdo (I know, I know, some of you don't like her but she'd be a new figure and a 4-pack is a good place to put her)
    Sub the Snow Trooper with one of the cool droids in the film
    Keep the black-clad Imperial Dude

I'd have bought that in a heartbeat, and even if someone didn't love one of the characters, I'm sure the others would have enticed them. As it is, there's only one figure I really want and one I sorta want.
    I think you're missing how these sets are usually themed to a particular part of the movie.

Well when this eventually and definitely will go on clearance...I still won't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    I think you're missing how these sets are usually themed to a particular part of the movie.
    I'm not missing it, I just think it's a dumb, limiting approach. lol

From a certain POV though, Holdo could be considered part of battle of Crait, she wasn't on planet surface but she was in planet's vicinity. And if there was a droid other than c-3po, r2-d2 bb8 or even bb9e for that matter (i cant recall offhand) in the Crait rebel base, the above suggestion seemed ideal as well.

We've seen the general template for the BluRay/DVD release before over the course of 2 years. It wasn't going to be groundbreaking, and the figures were going to be 5 POA. I am fine with the lineup here. And I'm fairly confident that there are going to be SA versions of most/all of these characters offered up at some point.

As much as I want a Force projection Luke Skywalker? A 5 POA multipack isn't how I want that to happen, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other collectors probably feel the same way. I want a Force projection Luke figure in the TVC line. And the same goes for Kylo Ren on Crait. Also, Holdo doesn't totally fit the theme: she sacrificed herself and the Raddus, allowing the Resistance to escape to Crait. Again, I'd like to see Holdo in a single carded release. As a TVC figure? Who knows. But we've got about 15 months between when SOLO is released and the Episode 9 toy line will probably launch. Hasbro is going to come up with something of a figure line to release in that timespan.

Rey spent all of 4 seconds on the surface of Crait. I love how Hasbro can’t even decide how create these insignificant variants. 6 inch Crait Rey has red dust on the base and this version has white dust on the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    Well when this eventually and definitely will go on clearance...I still won't buy it.
    That'll depend on how many retail orders. The timing release may be too close for Solo for retail to risk having them around and not order alot especially if they consider the last 2 bluray 4 packs' retsil performance. It may be better to buy it soon, save reciepts then watcj for clearence to rebuy/ return AND NO I DO NOT MEAN SWAP FIGURES OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklab View Post
    We've seen the general template for the BluRay/DVD release before over the course of 2 years. It wasn't going to be groundbreaking, and the figures were going to be 5 POA. I am fine with the lineup here. And I'm fairly confident that there are going to be SA versions of most/all of these characters offered up at some point.

As much as I want a Force projection Luke Skywalker? A 5 POA multipack isn't how I want that to happen, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other collectors probably feel the same way. I want a Force projection Luke figure in the TVC line. And the same goes for Kylo Ren on Crait. Also, Holdo doesn't totally fit the theme: she sacrificed herself and the Raddus, allowing the Resistance to escape to Crait. Again, I'd like to see Holdo in a single carded release. As a TVC figure? Who knows. But we've got about 15 months between when SOLO is released and the Episode 9 toy line will probably launch. Hasbro is going to come up with something of a figure line to release in that timespan.
    I hate to be so negative but I really think you are too optimistic about TVC line. It may not even be around by Ep9 if the first repack wave proves the major disaster we all anticipate.

Ugh, this packs a definite pass for me. :-/

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast