Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple Of Doom Fans

Temple Of Doom Fans

Thought it'd be good to have a thread for fans of Temple Of Doom. If it's your favorite Indy movie or at least cracks your top two of the series, this is the thread for you.

TOD has always been my favorite of the series. While Raiders is also a classic and another favorite of mine, I think TOD is plainly the most entertaining and easily rewatchable of the series. I always liked the much darker tone and more eerie approach it took and how at times it's so much like a Horror movie. It's got the best villains, action and music of the series, Indy at his most cutthroat but also heroic, and some of the best and most iconic moments of the series are in TOD. Can't hate the movie that gave us the likes of the spike/bug chamber, the sacrifice, the mine cart chase, showdown on the bridge, etc. and some may not like the lack of Nazis as the villains but I always thought it felt fresh having totally different enemies and this movie showed Nazis aren't always a necessity for the series.

I hate the bashing and hate TOD gets so much but it's good to see it has it's share of fans and defenders. Truly one of my all-time favorites alongside the original. The series as a whole is excellent and I'd always be very hard-pressed to imagine it without TOD.

I was actually just talking about this with some friends. For all the crap I hear about people not liking TOD, itís easily the most quoted or referenced of the films.
    Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist.

Twitter/Instagram: @BeRealNickNaro
    Customs Twitter/Instagram:@ArticuLesson / @ArticuLessons

It also has some of the most iconic imagery of the series. It's amazing how some of the best moments in the series come from TOD alone.

I agree! I've never understood the hate for ToD. While Raiders will always be tops for me, ToD is the close second. The Last Crusade is good, but hits too many of the same beats as Raiders (holy relic, Nazis, desert setting, Brody, Sallah, etc.) I love ToD because of how different it is than the others. Different villains and different characters. Indy is the only character from the other films. KOTCS tried going a different direction with the whole ancient alien thing, but also relied quite a bit on nostalgia. I also felt it kind of softened Indy a bit.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

I never understood this either one day I got into a debate with some coworkers.( yeah we're all a bunch of tech nerds) They asked me which was my favorite of the Indy films.. when I said temple of doom everyone laughed stating it was too outlandish. But to me the movie's plot is easily acceptable, the movie is more about the supernatural aspects that aren't directly tied two religious folklore and artifacts. Just because it is an unfamiliar religion to most, how is it any different than the Ark of the Covenant? The action is great the acting is fantastic, and the setting is perfect for a old serial Style. I will never understand or accept the bashing of this film!
    Last edited by Lobotscomb; 01-24-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Of all the Indy films it's the one most like the vintage serials and pulp comics that inspired it, with the tone and settings, plus the color pallette is very evoctive of 50s-era EC Horror comics.

That's awesome.

I remember the Hasbro TOD figures from years ago, sadly they came out near the end of the line's run and are the rarest of the figures.

I had them, but sold all except the huge SDCC set to fund my 1/6 Scale addiction. Same with my 1995 & up SW figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomtrooper View Post
    That's awesome.

I remember the Hasbro TOD figures from years ago, sadly they came out near the end of the line's run and are the rarest of the figures.

They were actually pretty easy to find online, and at great prices not so long ago. Not sure if they still are or not. I saw the writing on the wall back then though and ordered them from somewhere (can't remember where now) and was so glad I did. I never saw them in stores. They are definitely some of the best figures in the line IMO, along with the SDCC exclusive figures (Thanks again Lance Quazar if you are reading this). It's a shame the line came to an end when they were really putting out some of their best stuff.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast