Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple Of Doom Fans

Quote Originally Posted by jedisquared View Post
    My Sideshow TOD Indy:
    Absolutely love this figure! My favorite 1/6 Indy. Here's mine:

I swapped his hat for the one from the Medicom Indy. It fits perfectly and looks more like the TOD hat to me.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

That’s great Billy_Ray! Where did you get the 1/6 Scale Ark?

It's the Hasbro mail away Ark. I didn't actually mail away for it, as I couldn't bring myself to buy all of their 1/6 figures. My mom actually got it for me on eBay. I really like it, I think it's more accurate than the one that Sideshow did. I told my wife that when I die, she needs to have me cremated and then keep my ashes in the Ark LOL. I think she thinks I'm joking but, I'm kind of only half joking. Here's a better shot of it:

More pictures of my Indy collection are here in this thread, if you are interested.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

I love ToD. Raiders will always be #1 for me, but Temple is right on its heels. To me the tone of it, and Indy's personality, is much more in line with Raiders than either of them are with Crusade or Kingdom. I'm not sure what the right word to describe it would be, but something was a little more pedestrian, or theme park ride-ish with Crusade and Kingdom.

Fun story, when I was kid, one day ToD was on TV. I couldn't tell you if it was on a cable channel or it was a network weekend afternoon movie or a free preview of one of the premium channels (remember those?!). But I had it on and I think my mom said something about it being too scary, but I was like 'pfft whatever mom, I'm like nine (I don't really remember but it was in that ball park) years old. I can handle it.' Well, I came in riiiiight when they were walking through bugs, and then Willie got covered in bugs. So naturally being the tough kid I was, I changed the channel. I came back riiiight when Mola Ram pulled the guys heart out. Changed the channel. And came back riiiight when crocodiles were eating Mola Ram. By that point I called it quits. And can you believe it... that night after I was in bed and the lights were out, I was absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt positive that my entire floor was covered in bugs, and was completely terrified. Lol. Stupid kid.
    Last edited by DarthPete; 02-16-2018 at 06:05 PM.

I love how TOD is so relentlessly dark and foreboding. To me that's part of why it's so awesome. It also channels the feel of a vintage 50s-era EC Horror comic with the visuals and color palette. Spielberg was on fire with his directing. I find it odd he dislikes TOD so much because going by his directing you'd never know he did. Compare his directing on TOD with TLC, it's night and day. TLC it felt like he was going through the motions whereas with TOD he's firing on all cylinders.

TOD is my second favourite Indy movie after ROTLA. I love the movie's frenetic pace and its overall atmosphere. TLC is very lacklustre in comparison.
    Star Wars fan since 1977.

Yeah, while I enjoy TLC it feels so watered down and safe compared with the first two and never has the same feeling of excitement or danger that made the first two so strong. I always got to wonder if not for the TOD backlash how TLC might've turned out, since Spielberg has openly said he made TLC to apologize for TOD, which is crazy. Movies like TOD show precisely why he's such a good director, especially back then.

Big Doomy Temple fan. In fact, in recent years, it's eked its way to the number one spot on my list of the Indy movies, especially after I finally saw Gunga Din and loved it. Part of is, as much as I love Raiders and Last Crusade, I've watched them so much growing up I practically have them memorized. Temple of Doom, comparatively, I always avoided because it was too scary to me as a kid, so it still seems "new" to me as an adult. I also think it moves along at easily the fastest pace of the original three IMO - sadly at the expense of some deleted scenes that should've stayed, like Willie's subplot where she escapes and finds Chattar Lal and Captain Blumburtt, making her more proactive, and when it's revealed Lal is bad as opposed to him just turning up bad in the Willie-sacrificing scene. And while I love Belloq and Donovan, there's no contest, crazy Mola Ram is definitely the most entertaining main bad guy.
    Last edited by Kooshmeister; 03-23-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    It's the Hasbro mail away Ark. I didn't actually mail away for it, as I couldn't bring myself to buy all of their 1/6 figures. My mom actually got it for me on eBay. I really like it, I think it's more accurate than the one that Sideshow did. I told my wife that when I die, she needs to have me cremated and then keep my ashes in the Ark LOL. I think she thinks I'm joking but, I'm kind of only half joking. Here's a better shot of it:

More pictures of my Indy collection are here in this thread, if you are interested.

Do I detect some blue heart sleep pants in this picture? Love it!

That might be a hamper.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast