Thread: Astro Droids Spreadsheet/Checklist

Astro Droids Spreadsheet/Checklist

Hey all,

This seemed like the best place to post this because A) I could, and , there are alot of droid experts who linger here.

I've recently been working on a spreadsheet of every Astro Droid action figure created in 3.75" scale. This is extracted from my overall figure checklist with some added categories. Body Mold tries to take into account the general mold of the body, legs and feet. I added notes if there are some oddities in the molds. The 'First' category simply states if that is the first use of that particular body mold.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Keep in mind that figures that might be deemed repacks won't be listed here. Disney BAD's are listed the way I've tried to separate them - By head primarily, and secondarily by body.

Let me know if I missed anything, or if anything is unclear. Thanks!
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Did you want to include the Droid Factory R2-D2 that you put together with the third leg from 1978?

That is an interesting resource. If you ever got around to doing it with pictures attached it would be even more awesome.
    I have generally gone to this before:

http://4lomkuss.com/h-a-n-hasbro-ad-...a-droid-guide/
    May you live in interesting times.

I was just going to say that a picture is worth a thousand words.
    I'm a visual person.

Joking aside, it's a great list. It's still cool to look upon, and realize the expansion of offerings during the PT. So that's one reason I'm thankful for that era of Movies, otherwise we might still only have R2 and R5 on the shelf! After all it took 20 years just to get a new Droid. And it seems that 2006 was the year of the Astromech, other than multiples of R2 that is.

It truly saddens me to see what the Droid offerings have been reduced to after such a run, but am thankful we got what we did!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Nearly everything on the list has an image in the Rebelscum image database. It would just be a matter of connecting them, which I haven't got to yet. I had to use the images to make sure I got the body molds correct, and it did bring up some unusual versions, like the Arena 2-pack R2-D2. Making a re-usable body mold was key to the expansion of astro droid characters, which happened around 2001 with R2-Q5. With him, there started a proliferation of other Astros. The next breakthroughs were VOTC R2 (which begat the simpler Early Bird), and R4-G9, which carried the torch until BAD.

The Droid Factory R2-D2 is one of those 'tweeners... Kind of a figure but not quite, since it can be made into other things or added to in various ways. Most vintage checklists don't include it as a figure.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.