Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoda Needs a Trilogy! Not Just a Spin off!

Yoda Needs a Trilogy! Not Just a Spin off!

To me it's a great opportunity to clear up a lot of questions about the Jedi and show them kicking but as well.

Here is what I'd like to see!
    1st Movie: Origin movie. Short part of the movie with him on his home planet. Opening shot: Character that looks almost like Yoda, some one comes in and says "Yoda, a grandson you have." Yoda walks in and sees... Baby Yoda. Our Yoda is named after his grandfather! After that, Short snippets of his life with his family, and how the Jedi comes to find and recruit him. (Make it make sense! Nothing stupid! I have a lot of ideas but trying to keep this as a quick synopsis!) Movie progresses... Jedi Training and he befriends another Padawan. They go on some sort of adventure - thwart a Sith or something like that.

It would be nice to see a Star Wars movie where the Heroes are not the underdog and don't lose. So far all Star Wars movies have either the Heroes lose or the Rebels trying to save the world. It would be nice to see, the Republic in a position of power and thwart off the threat.

Movie 2: The Dark Side. Yoda's buddy, turns to the dark side. Yoda tries desperatley to bring him back. He can't, hence; Yoda comes to believe that "Once you Start Down the Dark Path Forever it will Dominate Your Destiny". Also Have the friend gain power quickly. Is the dark side more powerful? No. Quicker, easier, more suductive. SHOW THIS! How cool would that be. Yoda's buddy kicks his but early in the movie and then to be thwarted by Yoda (a Jedi Knight at the Time). Maybe more than two Sith as well.

Move 3: Yoda the Jedi Master. Yoda becomes a Master, maybe on the council (if there even is one, maybe that can be a progression that Yoda develops for the Jedi). Yoda continues to ruin the Sith's attempts to gain power, gives us a reason for why they decide to lay dormant for a while (i.e. up Until the time of Papletine or Something like that). And gives a reason for why the Sith make the Rule of 2.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Any other ideas? or things you'd like to see?
    Last edited by awookieawookie; 01-02-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Darth Bane most likely already created the Rule of Two by the time Yoda was a knight. Maybe a group of non-Sith dark ciders?

Though I'd rather Yoda remain the mystery he is, though if we got a film or 3 your general outline is about what I'd want.
    Last edited by Prequellover; 01-04-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Bye bye all! I may still peak in the Merch section.

Quote Originally Posted by Prequellover View Post
    Darth Bane most likely already created the Rule of Two by the time Yoda was a knight. Maybe a group of non-Sith dark ciders?

Though I'd rather Yoda remain the mystery he is, though if we got a film or 3 your general outline is about what I'd want.
    NOT anymore, you forget that Disney wiped out the old EU and is now using elements whenever an wherever they wish. Though, while I haven't read anything about if Bane has been Canonized yet, they literally could do anything they want.

As for Yoda, I've no need to see him on his home planet or as a baby etc. I do see his character as the best chance for something different and not directly connected to established eras. There's about 500 years of free reign to play in. So he could have quite an extensive story for a trilogy. I think seeing him having adventures as a much younger Knight, and far removed from the Council could be interesting.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Darth Bane was canonized through TCW, where Yoda recognizes him as th creator of the Rule of Two. The character and his contribution to the greater history of the lore is still canon, but most of what made Darth Bane the character he was in the EU is gone.
    See you around, kid.

Ah that's right i forgot about that episode. I also don't keep track of what they decide to make Canon anymore.

It also occurred to me later after posting. That towards the end of the third movie, they could touch upon a young Dooku as yoda's Padawan. Sometimes i wonder what kind of Jedi he would have been back in the day. I'm curious though, if Yoda still called him Count back then? lol
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Prequellover View Post

Mmmm...dark cider

Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

The wonders of auto-correct......
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Bye bye all! I may still peak in the Merch section.

This would be such a terrible idea. It would end up like the 79 SW Christmas special.

i like the idea of a dark cider movie more. They could call it, Darth Apples, and the phantom fruit tree.

Darth apples battles the bounty hunter, Reginald "Pear Juice" Treestump
    My Feedback
    Next character specific movie should be Darth Maul
    Stay on topic...stay on topic
    2+2=5

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMickeyMoose View Post
    This would be such a terrible idea. It would end up like the 79 SW Christmas special.
    Agree, exploring yoda's backstory would be a terrible idea. Lucas even said it would be a huge mistake to explain anything about him

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast