Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: My Pop-Up Playsets

It's looking beautiful so far! For something like this, since it's a background piece, card stock might work alright. Maybe you can find a way to give it extra supports or something. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

That is looking great. I want to see 10 of them put together for a massive diorama. For personal use (not for the one's you sell), I'd add a thin roof or a hip-height ledge at the top which would give you another whole level to play with.
    Imagine the crossfire situations that could happen.

Getting around to finishing up the "Detention Cellblock" Playset I set out to build. It's totally different than anything I have built before.

(Pardon the image quality...I think the textures printed a bit too dark and this thing was a pain to try to photograph...)

It is designed to be modular...I am going to make a bunch at once and line them up for a long hall, and also do some that face each other to give the double-sided setup. I'll have to put an end piece at the end of the hall to complete it, but they are going to be great!

The playset has a door that opens to the left-side cell. The door swings up on a hinge at the top of the wall, and can stay open by lying across the roof of the cell. It was hard to figure out, but it worked out great!

It is the first tiem I feel redundant, this is very similar to the POTF2 playset that I have adored for years...but the big difference is that one was never meant to be a modular piece and this one can be. I can't wait to have a bunch of them to set up together!

Thanks for looking!

It's unbelievable how good these all turn out!
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Oh sure, line a bunch of thooose up but not DB94. Whatever.

Seriously, they look great. I would consider 2 backgrounds for the end of the tunnel version; clear and smoke filled.

Again.....Wow Wow Wow! Your sets are awesome!
    continuing the vintage dream......one custom at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Oh sure, line a bunch of thooose up but not DB94. Whatever.

Seriously, they look great. I would consider 2 backgrounds for the end of the tunnel version; clear and smoke filled.
    DB94 is coming...there is only so much grease-stained concrete a person can draw before his eyes start to bug out...

I have been on a Death Star kick lately. Well, honestly I have always been on a Death Star kick, but lately I have been making just plain old Hallway Walls--inspired both by the fact that Galactic Trading Post got a Star Wars license (and because of that ironically had to stop making them) and the really cool Imperial walls that SpectreOne posted a while back:

But I really wanted to see a Detention Hallway too, to do something no one else had pulled off yet. The engineering it entailed lent itself to a full-blown playset instead.

I also did some Cloud City Hallways, but started that project in the 6-inch scale since GTP really covered the Death Star angle well in that scale:

(I had to farm that last image out to a friend/customer due to my severe lack of Black Series figures, but it's fantastic!)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415