Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebels Hover Crates and other 3.75" scale papercraft...

Rebels Hover Crates and other 3.75" scale papercraft...

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com...yp-durron.html

If you follow this link to Customs for the Kid, you can download these neat Rebels themed papercraft.

For the crates I printed out using Paint.NET and left "Fit to frame" ON.

For the posters and props I left "Fit to frame" OFF.

For the walls and floors, it's up to you. They just give you a fast and easy wall or floor for your display/diorama.

I'm in the process of making more props, posters, walls, floors, and crates. So expect more in the future. Some that are being made now are new crate colors, holocrons, and propaganda posters.

Some instructions:

Crates:

The Crates are simple boxes that can either have an attached lid that hinges/folds or a detached lid that lifts off. Each crate can take an insert from the Crate Accessories page and this also helps to make the crates sturdier. To make them even sturdier you can take a cereal box or thick construction paper to glue in between the insert and the exterior of the crate. The lid would also benefit from this.

The Credit Case/Box is another simple box but on a smaller scale. There's also a gemstone version being made.

Props Page:

The Tooka dolls are simply folded in half and glued in place. A small amount of cotton or even lint could make the Tooka doll more three dimensional.

There's 2 pieces for the baby's blanket from the episode with the force sensitive babies. Just glue these together, no cardstock needed. To make it more flimsy, you can roll and unroll it from different directions. I haven't tried dampening it to see if it could wrap around a figure yet. I'm sure there's ways to loosen it up enough for that.

Space Waffles and Blue Milk cartons are pretty straghtforward too. The waffles are in sets of four and have a plate that can be made thicker with cardstock.

These smaller folds and tabs will take patience though. I use Duro super glue. And yes. I use Duro because Duro is one letter off from Duros. Not that I think it's any better.

The ID cards just fold over. Cardstock to thicken.

The datapads are in 4 pieces: back panel detail, back panel, front panel, and screen. I made the screen separate to swap out with future pictures. These will really benefit from cardstock.

Hera's Kalikori statue is probably the hardest one to fold and look nice.

And there's a GONK droid panel to use as wall decoration in a diorama/display.

Posters/Advertisements:

These are just meant to decorate the walls of dioramas. Glue/plaster them to the walls as you see fit.

Propaganda Poster Page 01 has an orange stencil you can use in Paint.NET or other programs to apply "Property of the Empire" to other objects.

Sabacc Deck and random props:

The sabacc cards are made to just fold over and glue. You can't read them, but you can tell the suit. You can do the same with the credits, but it takes patience.

I included some spice and credit cases to make this a "scum and villainy" set.

That includes a Dejarik table top. I plan on making the Falcon's version and the Rebels' version as printable models. This is just a wip/test object for now.

I made a lot of these using the concept art/assets on Star Wars.com's Rebels episode guides.

The credits and fruits are from screen captures of the show. The blasters are pictures of action figure blasters. And the blue Imperial crate is from a free WOTC miniatures printable that I modified.

The posters are from google searches. Some were in the assets though.

The spice is a picture of cinnamon and a picture of Rhyll from Wookiepedia. I have an idea how to do glitterstem, but it's more of a joke than a serious attempt. ;{P

The sabacc cards were made from a fan made set that I scaled down and made into papercraft.

The crates, cases, plates, and datapads are made by hand with the exception of one of the datapad's screens(Hera's shopping list), the Imperial symbol on the grey crate, and Fulcrum symbol on my green crate.

More to come in the future. I hope to see pics of people using them in dioramas. :{D
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

I just did a quick scan of your link and those are all pretty amazing!

Thanks, I appreciate that. I've made a few more color variations. And anyone is free to customize them in Paint.NET/GIMP/Photoshop.

Those are really nice. Thanks for sharing the link and the pics.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Thanks and you're welcome. I'm glad I could contribute something to the community.

I hope to see you guys post pics of how you use them. :{D

If you're interested in Kyber Crates from Rogue One, here's some papercraft ones I updated for Utinnii.

There's white, orange, grey, yellow, green, blue, and a hard to see template one on the end:

Here's some pics of the white one:

I hope you guys use these in your dioramas/displays. And I hope you post pics. :{D

Those are awesome! I'm glad the pattern has finally been fixed. It is perfect now.

I asked for the white one in case anyone wants to print one out on colored paper. That way there won't be white lines on the folds.

I tested out the grey one.

Last edited by Utinniii; 12-03-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Cool pics Utinnii.

I can tell that the updated one is much flater on the top and looks much better shape-wise.

In the pic of it on the tank it doesn't look like the side grills came out well. But the second shot of the front grills looks great.

I uh, like those "bushes" too. :{D

I agree. For some reason, the side grills are dark.

My prototypes had bad scaling issues. I also sat on one.

The biggest improvement was your suggestion to glue the small pieces on first. That made a huge difference.

Without those bushes, the Scariff Troopers would be even more "baked".

I need to print the other colors out and see if the side grills have the same problem on my printer. I've only printed the white one so far. But in the file they all look fine. I'll try printing some here in a bit.

I can hear one saying "Look sir, buds!" and holding up a bush. X{D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast